Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Matthew 6:26



I sit here and gaze at God's blue sky
With white puffy clouds drifting by
And the vibrant green of grass and trees
And the flowers all bowing in the breeze

Then I look out across the peaceful pond
At the woods and the pasture just beyond.
And closer in, flying into view
The finch, the cardinal, and the bluebird, too.

In the redwood swing, I lean back and then
Enjoy the melody of the wren.

The whir of the hummingbird darting by
The sight of the buzzard, floating high.
The robin defending its hidden nest
By chasing away the cowbird pest.

I sit out here and swing along
As I listen with joy to God's nature song.

And as I listen to each trill and peep,
I close my eyes and fall asleep.


Do you like jigsaw puzzles?
Click here for a Red Robin puzzle.

Linking with Deb at Breathing In Grace


Until Next Time



11 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post, Mary. I am so thankful for spring time weather....the birds, the flowers, and good friends. Wishing you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Mary. My goal here is to learn about the different birds. I have noticed that the bird song here is totally different from those in Florida so I want to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I have found a robin but others - no clue. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, that's beautiful! And so are the little birdies. I love the sights and sounds of springtime. I really enjoy watching the little birds learn how to fly. Hope your weekend is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birdies are my favorite thing to watch. I don't have to go far, and I can sit in my garden and just watch them flying to and fro, enjoying singing and gathering seeds for their babies. I am so glad God created the birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bird watcher and love to watch the regulars in my back yard as well as the transients that we see in Spring. They bring a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, mercy, did you write that poem, Ms. Mary? It's wonderful!! Thanks so much for linking up and being so faithful...I'm sorry to be late to visit...our grands were here yesterday...so need I explain?!?!? LOL Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post with a wonderful poem and gorgeous photos. What is that beautiful bird singing on the stump in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing I love about the country is watching the wildlife and especially the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bird photo's, that last one looks like it is looking right at me!
    The poem is really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!