Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Poem for Tuesday


You need nothing more than
God's guidance and love
To ensure the things that you're
most worthy of. . .
So trust in His wisdom
and follow His ways,
And be not concerned
with the world's empty praise,
But seek first His kingdom,
and you will possess
The world's greatest riches,
which is true happiness.


His love knows no exceptions,
so never feel excluded ~
No matter who or what your are,
Your name has been included.

Helen Steiner Rice

Poems by this lady always touch my heart!

Until Next Time

Post Script
It's 8:35pm, Monday night, the house is quiet except for Mr D's tv in the other room,  I can barely hear It . . . I hear the sound of fog horns on the tug boats in the channel, a lonely and eerie sound.  They are trying to maneuver a big ship into the channel or maybe pushing a large barge to it's destination, warning others to get out of the way so they don't collide. . . I open the back door and look out into the foggy night and I shiver.

9 comments:

  1. Love the poem, Mary, and your post script. I felt like I was right there with you.
    Thanks for sharing this heart touching post.
    Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem Miss Mary. Oh my! Your words gave me a little shiver. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, I would love to listen to the tugboat fog horns! That was one of my favorite sounds when I lived back east (I live in AZ now). I so miss living near the water! Thanks for sharing your postscript and the beautiful poem that surely soothes one's heart. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your PS is written so vividly that I could almost hear those fog horns! Beautiful poem! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too enjoy her poetry Mary. I love the distant sound of tugboat fog horns and living not far from the Hudson River I also hear the train whistles especially at night and both are soothing music to my ears. Have a blessed evening my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem. I love all of her poetry, too. Your postscript is so full of emotions, Ms. Mary....seems like I could hear and feel what you were... a bit eerie! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who said you weren't a writer? Your description of the fog horns and tugboats at the end was spellbinding. I believe you have more creative writing up your sleeve than you realize, my dear!! Just saying.... And I love "Aunt Helen's" poetry. He he. We call her "Aunt Helen STEINER Rice". No real relation, but we'd like to claim her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I began to read the poem I thought how like Helen Steiner Rice it was...... only to see that it was one of hers!! My dear Mother-in-law was so fond of HSR and I always tried to find cards or poems of hers to send.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post script is doggone good writing! Keep it up.
    I love the sound of fog horns and ships :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!