Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Discouragement

Because the enemy knows that he cannot stop you, his best effort will be to slow you down by using the tool of discouragement! Discouragement is one of Satan's most effective weapons.

Discouragement ~ to decrease courage; to be faint hearted; to lose hope; to be dismayed; the lace of desire to move forward or stand for convictions.



 At the base of every discouragement is a lie from Satan. Fear, unbelief, bitterness,  are all based on satan's lies.

 Conquer discouragement by taking up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
Ephesians 6:16

To take up the shield of faith means to recognize Satan’s lies and call on God's promises of victory.

Maybe you’ve heard that God loves you and has a plan for your life. Well, the devil doesn’t love you, but he does have a plan for your life. He wants to devour you, as Peter wrote. He wants to steal, kill, and destroy as John wrote. But Paul says, “…we are not unaware of his schemes…” 
lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
2 Corinthians 2:11

What to do on a winter day?
Puzzles are always fun, a great winter activity!!
I love to work them, I love the feeling of putting in the very last piece, a feeling that is short lived, because now it's time to take it apart and put it back in the box!  

I also play a lot, A LOT, of solitaire.  My Momma taught me to play solitaire when I was a little girl, I loved it then and I love it now.

Until Next Time
I'm ready for some porch-sitting weather.  {{sigh}}

11 comments:

  1. Amen!

    "Because the enemy knows that he cannot stop you..."

    That's so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, he is a sly devil isn't he? Miss Mary I have taught on several occasions about the Armor of God but I have never taught Priscilla Shirer's The Armor of God. I will begin teaching that series in Feb. I am convinced that as never before that we are being attacked daily and beginning with our family, churches and etc. Oh that we may put that armor on daily. I ask that you pray for me as I prepare. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary...I have been in the slough of despond lately as Christian lamented in Pilgrim's Progress. I think I know the reason why and I am working on rebooting my mind and thinking on the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH OH guilty of Discouragment. smiles...my husband plays solitaire. I hope you have a beautiful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just finished a puzzle! I'll let it stay out for a few days to enjoy. Now I'm trying to piece quilt blocks and Satan has certainly tried to discourage my efforts! Thanks for these words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That puzzle looks like it took some time to finish! I play solitaire every day at least for one game. So blessed with God's love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That puzzle looks like it could have been a hard one to do. Doesn't it seem strange to work to get it done and then turn around and break it up and put it away? We used to have a puzzle on the go every winter but we got out of the habit. We do like to play Solitaire on our computers though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure needed this today, Mary. Lots going on in my life now that if I didn't have God and His Word to encourage me..... I just am thankful for His Love and Christian blogger friends where I can come and find encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thankful that Satan can't get what belongs to Jesus. He can try, and he can throw obstacles in our path, but he can't have us. We belong to Jesus. We need to always remember that and tell Satan to get behind us because we belong to Jesus! Praise God!! Your puzzle looks great! I did one so far this year...haven't gotten around to taking it apart yet and starting a new one. I got busy all of a sudden. LOL. (I prefer reading to puzzling...but puzzling is better for my brain I think...) Have a blessed and wonderful weekend. Warmer weather is coming soon. I hope I hope I hope. It has been chilly again here after warm days...can't make up its mind. I think I am ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, mercy, I'm pretty sure I'm the queen of discouragement....and I know who brings it on, just like you've said."Bitterness", I'm sad to admit, is a big part of it. This really gives me something to think about, Ms. Mary. Will I ever learn? :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!