Monday, January 22, 2018

Birthday Party

I went to a birthday party and had so much fun!!


Happy Third Birthday to GLOW!!

We met on Saturday to celebrate this wonderful event.  It was decided that this celebration would be at the restaurant where we first met in 2015.  It was just three of us at that time, old friends who were just meeting for lunch to reminisce about old times.  We enjoyed it so much we decided to meet again the next week and invite others to join us. 

Arlene made the cake!!!

And the gift bags were ready!!

We've had several wonderful ladies come and go but the seven in attendance Saturday is our 'core' group.  

A wonderful group with years of friendship, coming together every week for fellowship and laughter (lots of laughter), with a thankful heart that God has given us this blessing.

Let me introduce you to everyone. . . 
This is Sandy and Arlene!  Love these ladies.
Sandy and I worked together in bank operations for many years. Arlene is our baker, she has made some of the most delicious cakes for us, she is very talented.

Pat, she is a sweetheart.  Pat was at the lunch where it all began.

Mary, she is a mentor for us.  A wonderful Child of God.

This is Linda and Zephra, aka Queen Zee!  Zephra is the glue that binds...things tend to be a little quiet when she isn't at GLOW.  Another spiritual mentor to us all.  Zephra was also at the first lunch where it all began.

We were so glad when we found Linda, she was lost from us for many years.  It was so wonderful to find her still living close and able to join us each week.

And then there's me. . . always talking, I ask the Lord every week to help me control my mouth.  Sometimes in overflows!!  lol
And I was also blessed to be at our first lunch when GLOW was born.

hmmm, wonder what Pat is looking at, it looks serious!!


God desires everyone of His children to GLOW like beacons in the universe. He wants us to conduct ourselves in a manner that is worthy of the Gospel.

Until Next Time

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Mary. What lovely photos,smiles. Happy Birthday to your group. I hope you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice it is that you girls all get together to enjoy Christian fellowship!
    Happy Birthday to your group and many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing this group has been to you! Happy Birthday to you all and I pray for many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this!!! Your little group of GLOW ladies just makes me smile. Our little group of "Lovely Ladies of the Lord" has been struggling to get together the past couple of months due to sickness, schedule conflicts, holidays, etc. So we are missing our times of fellowship. Seeing your pictures makes me want to get back at it!! Delightful company!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you have such good friends and that you keep in touch regularly. I belong to a book club that meets once a month... we all worked together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love meeting these sweet ladies. I know that Arlene is a gem...all of us named that have a special blessing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for introducing your sweet GLOW friends. You are blessed to have them and I'm sure you are a blessing to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your GLOW group and hearing about your times together. I love my lunch-bunch girlfriends. Maybe we will start a GLOW franchise and name our group here! Lovely ladies...you included!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize that is how your GLOW group started, just some friends getting together, and what an amazing time it has become for all of you! I just loved seeing the pictures of you and your precious Christian ladies fellowshiping together and just having a blessed time in the Lord! May there be many more birthdays for the GLOW ladies to celebrate together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! My best friend and I have decided to stay together and in touch till the day we die and I can see our future here. We would so love to party like this together. Happy birthday to her! It was a pleasure going through this post. By the way I am also throwing a surprise party for her in an event space nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!