Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Peace

Before Jesus died, He offered comforting words to His disciples.  He explained that He was leaving His peace with them, to care and provide for them after He was gone.  His peace would serve as an internal mechanism by which they (and we)  could discern God's voice.


What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace,

Buried deep in the heart of my soul,

So secure that no power can mine it away,

While the years of eternity roll!
Peace, peace, wonderful peace,

Coming down from the Father above!

Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray

In fathomless billows of love!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27 ESV


The real, underlying reason why we're given peace to enjoy as a fringe benefit of our redemption and as a fruit of the Spirit is because peace is just naturally generated by the God of Peace. 


And let the peace of Christ, to which you were also called in one body, rule your hearts. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15 CSB


Seeking God's Peace

Worry and fear have consumed my mind
The peace of God, I cannot find
God did not leave me all alone
It's the flesh within that does bemoan

I know that I shouldn't worry about my life
Should not show fear toward the strife
For in my heart I know God provides for me
He is the Father of my destiny

So, I give to Him all my worries of this day
As I seek His guidance and wisdom today
I pray for solitude from my Savior above
I pray for His peace and His endless love

I will allow Him to cleanse my mind
So that His peace I can find
For He never ever leaves me alone
And takes on my worries from dusk till dawn

KJIC
He is the Father of my destiny


8 comments:

  1. Lovely poem! We indeed need Jesus' peace in this chaotic world now. Thank you, Lord, for giving us Your peace and love! God bless you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem Mary. It is comforting and I am saving it. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace, coming down from the Father above... I love that song...It always gives me such a sense of complete peace in Christ...surrender and trust and complete peace. Thank you for that reminder today. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know why but I have just felt fretful lately...thanks for this reminder Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blogging is always inspirational and well written. Lovely. Just lovely my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!