Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Is it just me or are the days and weeks really flying by?!

Thursday again and time to link with Rebecca Jo for


I'm thankful for the day of rest I had today.  Mr D went to a friends house to play music leaving me to a very quiet house.  I spent the whole day laying around, I needed it too.  I overdid yesterday and spent too much air and I paid for it today.  But all's well, Mr D's home and I'm feeling much better.

I'm thankful for my daughter who loves to bake and share.  Sunday night she brought us a mini loaf of banana bread, some chocolate chip cookies, two gingerbread men and a pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing!  She told me she started baking as soon as she got home from church and was in the kitchen all afternoon.  
Thank you Tammy!

Oh my, I think I hear the word diet echoing in my head.  lol

I am thankful for the Word of God that gives me hope, gives me words of encouragement and gives me strength to face each day.  
Thank You Jesus!



Until Next Time

Wake up every morning HAPPY to be a Child of God!  

Be thankful for His love,

Grateful for His sacrifice,

And humbled by His mercy and grace.





7 comments:

  1. Send your daughter my way :) haha... no, never mind... I need a diet even before all those sweet treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just tell that diet thought to go away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have all those goodies brought to you! I guess I should go to the kitchen now and bake something. ;) Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, they are flying by faster than I can keep up.LOL
    How is your week going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thoughtful of your daughter to bake and share...love that! Glad you had a chance to rest today. Sometimes we just have to say NO to other activities and do what is best for ourselves. I did that today also, but I actually went and did some shopping that I needed to do by myself. That was therapeutic! Nothing exciting, mostly groceries, but some browsing for something special for me clothes wise...couldn't find much but one new top, which I need. So it was worthwhile. Please take care of yourself and allow yourself plenty of rest. We enjoy your presence here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to bake lately too! How great that your daughter brought over so many goodies! I'm glad that you had a day of rest!! Always good. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!