Monday, June 24, 2019

I Found a Blessing at Luby's


We went to one of our favorite places to eat this afternoon.  There is a very young girl that works as a server, I've noticed her before.  She just seems to be so sweet, always a smile and a friendly hello.

As she was serving me today she commented that she really liked the shirt I was wearing, I thanked her and thought, "this old thing?"  Then she smiled that sweet smile and told me I reminded her of her Mother.

At first I didn't think too much about it, I just thanked her and moved along to get my drink.

When we sat down I was reflecting on the conversation with the young lady.  When she told me I reminded her of her Mother the love in her voice and on her face was so obvious.  Suddenly I was taken back, I realized how nice it was to her that I reminded her of her Mother.  

A feeling of blessing came over me, a feeling very hard for me to describe.  I am so humbled that I reminded her of a mother she loves so much.

Sometimes the smallest things give very big blessings.

Until Next Time


13 comments:

  1. Awww...and you were obviously a blessing to her. Perhaps she lost her Mama or some other reason but you were as much of a blessing to her as she was to you!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful exchange you had with that young lady. A blessing for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you'll see her again and learn more about her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see you posted today! And how nice that you had that brief but meaningful
    encounter with that lovely young woman.
    I love the tea cup in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your picture and your experience met a young girl who loves her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a blessing, my Friend! Love you! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely compliment Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sweet Miss Mary. Oh I love that her dear compliment brought a smile to your face and your heart. I saw a man once years ago that reminded me of my Papa. So much so I found myself catching my breath. I don't know what came over me but the next thing I knew I found myself walking up to the man to tell him that he reminded me of my papa and from that a conversation sparked. We visited for about 10 minutes or so and then I hugged his neck! What made it even more ironic was that his granddaughter was with him that day as she was his "ride" and his ears. He had a hard time hearing even with hearing aids. My papa struggled as well with hearing. It was just one of those moments that I truly felt the Lord ordained just for me if that makes sense. Thank you for sharing. It brought back those memories or me. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a wonderful encounter. I truly believe events like this are God ordained.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful. Thank you for bringing a smile to me. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!