Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Whatever Wednesday

As a child growing up I loved most all vegetables. My Mother was a wonderful cook and sitting down to her table was always a treat.  The one thing I would not eat was lima beans and the second thing I would not eat was English peas.

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk!!

Well, I don't know what happened over the years, something changed at some point in time.

Now I love lima beans and English peas!!

 I cooked some lima beans yesterday and they were delicious!
  

I don't keep a stocked pantry like I used to, with copd and being on oxygen I can't do much cooking because I can't be around an open flame.  We eat out often so no need to keep too much on hand.  I did have some chopped garlic in the fridge, onion powder, salt and pepper in the cabinet which seasoned them up just find....especially after I added just a wee bit of bacon grease.

I know, so unhealthy but oh so good.

I ate the whole pot, except for Mr D's one serving.

I've also been eating English pea salad lately.  

Source: Yahoo Images

One of the places we like to eat is Luby's Cafeteria, they have an English pea salad on their salad bar that just looked so good to me.  One day before I knew what happened it jumped on my tray . . .  now I'm hooked.

My 
yuk, yuk, yuk
 has changed to
 yum, yum, yum!

And life goes on . . . 

Until Next Time



10 comments:

  1. That English pea salad looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our tastes must change as we grow older. I used to hate soup beans and green beans and now I love them both. Still haven't worked up the nerve to try lima beans again. However, I do love peas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if we all have foods we hated as kids and now like quite well. For me it was a kind of soup my mom made with sauerkraut. Knowing what kind of child I was I'm sure I refused to eat it but mom always had homemade bread on the table so I didn't have to starve. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Lima Beans and I love English Pea salad too! Prayers for your copd to be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pea salad too! I have never managed to eat parsnips though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those both look so good! I've forgotten how good pea salad is. I need to make some...but I think I'm the only one here who will eat it. We both love lima beans, however. Yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like English Peas and Lima Beans, but I've never tried the pea salad. It looks good! Your lima beans sound so good to me. My husband teases me.....the first meal I prepared for him included lima beans - which he HATES! He married me anyway!
    Hope you rest well tonight. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband loved both peas and Limas but I am not a fan. I will let you and Marvin have them all.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so funny how our tastes change over the years. I will NEVER like okra. I don't care how many years go by! LOL I DO love peas and limas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lima beans, just in butter with lots of salt and pepper. My family won't eat them. My mother-in-law loves pea salad and I have liked it when she has made it. She's in assisted living now, and it is a staple in their repertoire of salads. I need to find a good recipe to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!