Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Tuesday4Meme

Time for Tuesday4Meme at Toni's!

Join in HERE

Over & Over Again

1. One Movie You'd Watch Over & Over Again?
There are so many it's hard to decide on just one.  I really enjoy The Shadow Riders and if I see it on the TV guide menu you can bet I'll be watching it.
I love the cast, Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot and Katherine Ross!

2. One Book You'd Read Over & Over Again?

Besides the Bible, I loved the Left Behind Series.  I could read that series over and over.

Another one I could read over and over. . . 
 When I was in 8th grade my literature class read Great Expectations, wow, what a great book.  

Overview

Perhaps Dickens's best-loved work, Great Expectations tells the story of Pip, a young man with few prospects for advancement until a mysterious benefactor allows him to escape the Kent marshes for a more promising life in London. Despite his good fortune, Pip is haunted by figures from his past—the escaped convict Magwitch, the time-withered Miss Havisham, and her proud and beautiful ward, Estella—and in time uncovers not just the origins of his great expectations but the mystery of his own heart. A powerful and moving novel, Great Expectations is suffused with Dickens's memories of the past and its grip on the present, and it raises disturbing questions about the extent to which individuals affect each other's lives.

3. One TV Series You'd Watch Over & Over Again?

Mr. D. and I love the old sitcoms.  We have watched The Andy Griffith show so many times we know the script backwards and forwards.


4. One Song You'd Listen To Over & Over Again?
I can't pick just one song, I listen to gospel music and church hymns all the time, the same songs over and over again.

Until Next Time



14 comments:

  1. I've never seen that movie, but I enjoy all 3 of those characters. I'm going to have to see if I can find it on Netflix or one of those kinds of channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, This was a fun meme and thanks to you I played along this time too. I'm not familiar with the movie you mention but I'm not much of a movie buff. Thanks for the review. I will have to check in to the Left Behind series. I love hymns and Gospel songs and especially the old Gaither homecoming shows. Have a good afternoon and I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. My sister, Karen, at Lily Valley blog loves Andy Griffith and MASH. Like you, she knows the scripts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Andy Griffith show!!
    Hope your Tuesday is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree about Andy....we love the episodes with Barney. We avoid the ones with Warren...he just gets on my last nerve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, no Warren! Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest. lol

      Delete
  6. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read Great Expectations but now that I read the story line I believe I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy Griffith is a great show! I always say we would all be better off with a little more Mayberry in our lives. And Sam Elliot? You can't go wrong with anything he's in.
    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the Left Behind books and movies as well. It has been forever since I have read them though. I own those, so maybe I should start with rereading those! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I am going to have to hunt for the Shadow Riders, and I love the Left Behind series!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mayberry, too. Remember Mr. McBeevee?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marty and I love that movie too Miss Mary. Oh one book I have read over and over and I always take something away from it is Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado. Just love that book. I love music period! But listening to the oldies are my favorite. Especially when I am walking on my glider. Keeps me motivated. Happy Day to you sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy P.S. WHO DOESN'T LIKE SAM ELLOITT! WHOA! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading your answers and hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!