Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Tuesday Four

Time to join Annie for Tuesday Four !!


Here is this weeks meme in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo...
Summertime..

1. What activities did you enjoy as a kid in the summer?
2. Did you go on vacations? Where did you go?
3.Do you have a favorite summer time dinner? Share it with us please?
4.How often do you sit outside and enjoy an iced tea or coffee?




Answers:

1.  I played outside everyday when I was a kid.  We loved to play chase and hide-n-go seek too, sometimes we would just sit in the shade and enjoy being a child.  There were times we played red-rover and times we played simon says.  Cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers.  Wherever our imaginations took us we always had fun.

2.  We didn't go on a lot of vacations because we were already traveling so much with my Daddy's job.  I have lived in many states from Texas to Wisconsin and most states in between.  We were always on vacation!

3.  We enjoy light suppers in the summertime.  Sandwiches with chips, cantaloupes, cucumbers, fresh sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese.  A tall glass of sweet tea and the meal is complete.

4.  Mr D and I sit outside every morning and evening.  We enjoy our little space that has lots of flowers to enjoy. We are entertained by the birds that come to our feeders for their breakfast and evening meal.  We've had so many come that Mr D has hung a second feeder, we're going to have some fat birds around here!

Thanks to Annie for hosting!

Until Next Time

15 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like my childhood memories as well Mary. And yes, in the South, light suppers are perfect for the summer evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories, Mary. We enjoy watching the Hummingbirds come and go to the feeders on our back patio. Have a pleasant week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a summer heat fan but I sure do love the summer memories of being a kid. I like your summer menu a lot! Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Childhood was so much simpler back when we were kids. My hubby and I sit out on our patio watching the birds in the morning and the bunnies in the evenings. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, it must be getting close to suppertime, because I'm sitting here thinking a plate of cantaloupe, cucumber, sliced tomatoes, and a hotdog sounds pretty good for supper. I loved sitting on my Nana's porch in the mornings and watching the birds. I've tried feeders here, but the birds never seem to come. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the sounds of your summer dinner. Yum. Sadly, we haven't seen too many fresh vegetable stands around yet this summer, and the grocery store vegies just aren't as good. I am hungering for some good stuff. Your summer memories sound wonderful. It was great to be a kid in the summertime back when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great header photo! Yep, cops-and-robbers, cowboys-and-injuns. I'd be right there with you. Good times! The squirrels getting after the bird feeders is hysterical. (To tell the truth, I don't really mind them.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great new look here! Sending much love, Mary. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those of us ladies who are of a certain age enjoyed similar childhoods and isn't it sad that kids today don't have the freedom to have fun like we did?! Your background is rainbow pretty today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We really did use our imagination as kids. My dad made us a fort out of cardboard. So much fun! Love your colorful back ground!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My DH and I sit on the porch and have all our meals out there. I tell him often that we have our own little park here with birds and flowers and visiting cats that stroll along the paths as if they live here!
    Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your summer meals are right up my alley. We enjoy sitting outside by our pond in the afternoons but more so on the weekends. Of course with mosquitoes being quite the pest they are right now and naturally they are drawn to water, we have to use a thermacell in order to sit outside right now. But, I will take it because we too enjoy seeing the birds flocked to my feeder or a fish jumping in my pond. Well, in my neck of the woods you never know what kind of critter you may see. LOL! Happy Week! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine how nice it is to live by a pond! Sounds great.

      Delete
  13. WOW, I really enjoyed your answers.
    We have some similar summer activities.
    Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, your childhood summer sounds much like mine. Do your remember TV tag? Like freeze tag but you had to name a current TV show (not already called during the game) to be "safe"! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!