Saturday, July 18, 2020

And Life Goes On . . .


Sometimes the days seem to last forever!  I'm usually very satisfied to be at home, I can always find something to keep me busy.  Lately that hasn't been the case.  I have found myself quite bored.


Mr D and I still get out and ride around, just looking at whatever is happening in our little town.  A lot of industry around here and a lot of new industry coming in.  It's all because of the Houston Ship Channel.  I've mentioned before how much that has changed La Porte.

We had a little storm come through yesterday morning.  Heavy rain and high wind gust disturbed some thing on the porch.  Nothing was damaged, just 're-arranged'!!

The thunder was so loud Buddy Boy would not leave my side.  Bitsy will hide, Buddy has to be in my lap, covered with a blanket.  Most dogs don't like thunder, it's stressful for them.


I sat down one day and wrote some greeting cards to all my GLOW Sisters and got them in the mail.  I enjoy all the modern technology, but there is still something special about receiving a hand written card  in the 'real' mail.

A dear lady from church lost her battle with Cancer this week.  She was just diagnosed on June 10th, and she thought she had maybe 2 years to live.  She only lived a month.  Just so very sad.  She's with her Lord now,  and I know she is happy.

A shout out to my daughter Tracey, who will be celebrating another birthday tomorrow!

🎵 (Yeah)
Obladi, Oblada, life goes on, brah
Lala, how the life goes on
(Yeah )🎵
Obladi, Oblada, life goes on, brah
Lala, how the life goes on

Until Next Time
Living Day by Day as The Lord provides!


14 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Life goes on, indeed. I too am staying completely away from all society - and too love home and usually can stay busy - but I think knowing I can't have a tea party or have my girls and grand over, or attend Mass, or have a dinner party outdoors - or a bbq or go to GW or Homegoods - or thrifting/ antiquing, or to the movies or restaurants....I think it makes me more bored knowing I can't, perhaps?

    We 've had some dandy storms too - but I don't have any more 4 legged furry friends, so I just love them blowing in. Blame my mother for being a storm lover. Used to watch them come across Lake Erie from NE Canada - oh it was fun. Mom made it fun.

    Stay safe and well, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I think I understand how you feel. I have a lot to keep me busy. I have my grands and my crafts. But I think at this point we are missing the life we once knew. The freedom to come and go as we please. I use to love to go to Hobby Lobby, but now I just go when I need to for what I need. No more leisurely strolling down the isles listening the music. Covid has changed a lot for sure and it looks like it will get worse. But one thing that hasn't changed, knowing the Lord is there and is in control. I think sending out cards in so nice of you. I need to send some out too! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Lord is in control and my hope is in Him. I miss strolling through my favorite stores too, especially Hobby Lobby.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter! Joe and I like to just take a ride now and then to see what's going on or to explore a street we've never been on before. We can at least do that!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary. Happy Birthday to your daughter. She looks a lot like you. So sorry to hear about your friend who passed. Hope you are staying safe and well. I have heard on the news that your area is a real COVID hot spot so stay safe and well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathy in the loss of your friend. Sending happy birthday wishes to your lovely daughter. I know your GLOW sisters love finding a hand written note from you in the mail. For me, it's getting harder to purchase lovely cards - the stores seem very low on stock. We had thunder today but no rain. Like you, normally I like staying home but some days, I get restless. We seem to be exhausting places to ride to that are closeby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mildred, I know what you mean about cards...I just ordered a bunch thru Current.com They are inexpensive and very nice. Now I just need to get busy and send them to people! I have good intentions but usually forget because I am out of practice. I blame email and social media on that!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Tracey! She looks like such a sweet young lady...much like her momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have found boredom creeping in, and I get tired of going to the same places that we can go to. We did take a little ride the other day to our old house/neighborhood just to see how things looked. That satisfied me and also made me appreciate where we are now! I am so sorry to hear about your friend at church who passed so quickly. I am sure that was hard on everyone...but perhaps in some ways better that she didn't have to suffer through a lot of treatments, surgeries, etc., and still not make it. God is merciful and full of compassion, and He knows just what we can endure. She is with Him now, so that is the blessing. Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter. You are blessed to have such sweet daughters nearby. Have a blessed day today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes...boredom...sure know that feeling, sigh. I am so sorry to hear about your friend, keeping her family in prayer. Wishing your daughter a very Happy Birthday and wishing you a very happy day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your pretty daughter Tracey! Gracious, but she looks just like you!!!!!

    Ahhhhhh, a real hand written piece of snail mail!!!! Deeeee-light-ful to receive. I miss snail mail... Actually written in cursive!!!!!!

    To keep cool, think Ice Cream!!!!
    🍦😋 🍧

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day does seem much as the last. I guess it is like the movie Groundhog Day. We have our two youngest grands so this week will go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad to hear about the lady at your church.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    We had a thunderstorm here last night.
    Right now it is thundering here.
    Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter Miss Mary. I am so sorry about your friend at church. We just never know what tomorrow holds but praise His Name that we know who holds tomorrow. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!