Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Whatever Wednesday

Sharing a page from my Praise Journal.


Open your ❤️ to the love of God.


Peggy's surgery went well, she's home and doing good.  She's still sore and moving a little slow but that's to be expected.


The heat has been so bad, I'm really surprised at how well the plants are doing.  Water and TLC, that's what they love.


July Trivia:

1962 - The first Wal-Mart store opened in Rogers, Arkansas.

1826 - John Adams, second president of the United States, died the same day as Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States, on the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the United States' Declaration of Independence. The two founding fathers did not get along during their careers.

Today's Quote:

A quote from Anne Frank, written so many years ago and yet appropriate for our world today.

I see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness; I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too. I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better, that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more.

Until Next Time




8 comments:

  1. The Anne Frank quote is very apt.
    I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well and she's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I'm so glad your daughter is doing well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and quotes. Love the Anne Frank one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so intuitive from Anne Frank...praying that peace and tranquility will indeed return once more. So happy your daughter's surgery went well and that she is feeling better. Love your porch full of plants, regardless of the weather, they are doing great! Love your prayer journal too. So wonderful to have that. I've not been so good about keeping one lately and I should. I just don't like to handwrite much anymore. Can't read my own writing! But I still pray. Thank you for sharing this with us today. Very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news on your daughter's successful surgery! Anne Frank and her family have been on my mind a LOT lately. If they could endure 2 years isolation in that attic, who am I to complain about a few inconveniences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy the surgery went well and wish your daughter a speedy recovery. Your journal is wonderful and so neatly done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that your daughter's surgery was successful.

    When we both had ours, years and years ago, it was the old fashioned way...Cut from "stem to stern" as the saying goes. Talk about sore!!!!!!!!!!!

    But now, gall bladder surgery is done, with just tiny cuts. Amazing, to us. Who had it, the Old Way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear Peggy is recovering well! Praise God! Your journal is colorful and full of love! Your 'garden' is well attended and doing great! Praise God for so many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, as always I enjoyed my visit today! I really like your Praise Journal! Good to hear your daughter is okay. In January I went to the Museum of Tolerance and got to see the Diary of Ann Frank exhibit. We got to walk down the path of the history of communism and the power the people gave Hitler. It was all so sad. Thankfully we know how our story ends! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!