Thursday, July 2, 2020

Red Bird


If I were a bird, I’d sing a song
And fly about the whole day long
And when the night comes, go to rest,
Up in my cozy little nest.


Lazy days of summer are here, and Covid19 makes them even lazier.  Not much to do, all activities canceled, parks are closed . . . just staying home and living day by day as the Good Lord provides.

I'm a home body anyway so it's not bothering me as much as it is some people.  I enjoy being home, I enjoy porch-sitting and I enjoy visiting with friends and family via social media.  It's a simple life, but it's a good life.

Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.
Victor Hugo


My porch is my happy place and my prayer room.


Through this virus storm, the red bird still sings, the flowers still bloom, and God still holds my hand.

AND

Life is still good.

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10

Until Next Time


13 comments:

  1. Homebody here, too! And we are so much luckier, than those, who usually "go-go-go." And this makes me very happy.

    Let's hope that one good effect, from this horrrrrrrible Wuhan Virus is, that people will have learned to enjoy being home, more.

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a homebody, too ... thanking my stars for having made the decision to retire. That yellow hibiscus makes my eyes happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful porch. I love your little red birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. What a wonderful way to look at life these days. Where would we be without the Lord? I shudder to think! Love your porch, flowers and those cute red birds. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your poem Mary. I am like you, enjoying what I have. Finding peace in the midst of what is happening. More time to be in the Word and to pray for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. šŸ’™ the Hugo quote and Isaiah verse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post with a good message worth remembering. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful Bible verse for these days and I love your pictures. I am a home body too. I do miss going out to eat occasionally! lol My flowers give me a lot of joy and like you, I feel close to the Lord when I am in the garden or on the porch. These HOT temps are keeping me inside for now though. I wish you a blessed and safe 4th. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, I love being home as well. There is much to do to keep me busy and sitting in the garden is a respite from the world around us. Love the part about "God still holds my hand"! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being at home, enjoying all that is around you, being secure, it's what matters. We are not risking going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also a happy homebody. There have been times when this isn't fun but now that we are opening up again, life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These difficult times are easier for those of us who are home-bodies. I'm sorry you can't go out to eat though. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!