Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Whatever Wednesday!

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

We saw this enormous flag while out for a ride!


I was saying check out that flag!


Mr D was saying, check out that truck!


Across the street from that house, a sail boat drifting, enjoying being on the water.  Notice all those high power lines and tall cranes in the background, that's one of the unloading docks along the Houston Ship Channel.  It's called it progress, I call it destroying a nice view.  I shouldn't complain, it's brought many jobs to our area, with that said, it's taking away our small town atmosphere.


I've never shared how close we are to Houston, not far at all.  The blue line represents the Houston Ship Channel, you can see it runs right along La Porte.   Lot's of ships pass us by.  This map says Galveston Bay, actually we are inland of Galveston Bay, our area is Sylvan Bay. (Which is a part of Galveston Bay.)

Would you or wouldn't you?
That is the question:


I would certainly taste it, just because I'm curious.  I can't even imagine it being good!

Until Next Time



12 comments:

  1. I would try that ice cream too because I like mustard. Maybe had some pastrami chips? That is a big flag! Someone in our neighborhood has a big one like that too. My husband would like that truck too. I will take the white one in the back. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww on the icecream, I see there is a BBQ flavor out now...sigh.

    Have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that big old Glory flag and that sweet truck! Happy Week to you Miss Mary. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flag is just beautiful. One of my stitching pieces has a flag like that and a truck that is almost that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flag!

    Gorgeous truck! My husband has one. 50 Chevy, painted blue, with red and white wheels!!! Bet your husband would like this! -smile-

    Mustard Ice Cream?!?!?!? Eeeeeek! Nope, I don't think my stomach would allow me, to even taste it. Eeeeeeeek! Brrrr.... Shiverrrrrrr... -Grin-

    Please find some, and tell us!!!!!

    ~ 💚 ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose I would taste it, but it sounds awful! Love the flag and the truck. My daughter lives not too far from you on the other side of Houston. She took us to Galveston Beach when we were down there last year. Now they go to Sylvan Beach when they want to be at the Beach. In the pictures she sends us Sylvan looks much prettier than Galveston.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that old truck!!
    Yes, I'd give the mustard ice cream a chance but somehow I doubt it would be tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother had one of the flags flown over the White House . You can request one. It is even bigger than the one on that house. I think it got lost when I sold her home. sad. I would try the mustard but, I wonder how it would taste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mustard ice cream... I don't think so. That flag is huge and I also love the truck!! Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That flag is gorgeous... and I love the truck, too... red and teal are two of my favorite colors! Maybe I could convince myself the ice cream is lemon custard and give it a try! ☺ Hope you and Mr. D are doing well. Love and miss talking with you, Ms. Mary. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love the truck and the flag! I would probably notice the truck first too. I do love classic vehicles. Love the boat too, but I agree, I hate to see good views disturbed and destroyed even in the name of "progress". I hate to see trees cut down. I am a country girl and would not survive in the city or even too near it. But I love your bay views. I do hope it won't change too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!