Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Tuesday 4

Musical Interlude

Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo and hosted by Annie!
This week let's talk about music and songs that you love.

1.Can you name songs that remind you of autumn , spring, winter or summer?

Autumn Leaves, Easter Parade, Sleigh Bells, Summertime

2.Do you like background music when eating or shopping? Do you play background music at home?

I enjoy background music.  Mr D is a musician and there has always been music in our home.

3.Christmas music begins playing some places as early as November just before Thanksgiving. Do you have a favorite Christmas song? If not, how about any seasonal song that you love?

I love all Christmas Music, I think it would give me a headache if I tried to choose a favorite. :)

When my daughters were in elementary school they were members of the local Little League Drill Team.  They were the Cowgirls and the football team were the Cowboys!  One year they marched to The Hustle, many hours were spent on the practice field.  Everyday after school you would find us at the field with all the other girls going over and over their dance routine.  Now when I hear The Hustle it takes me back to those wonderful days and precious memories.


Tammy & Tracey - 1974

I made their uniforms!
The Labor Day weekend of 1974 my sewing machine was busy!

Until Next Time







18 comments:

  1. Oh yes the Hustle, makes me want to get up and dance! That is a cute picture of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memory ....like you I love Christmas music and would be hard pressed to choose one song but O Holy Night has always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic of your daughters. There are so many songs that bring back precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your answers today and the picture of your daughters.
    I play Christmas music while I am decorating the inside of our home.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers, smiles. I love how you post videos of Mr. D's music. smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those costumes are great. You did a wonderful job. How cute they look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that memories you shared today. The costumes are fantastic.
    Happy Tuesday!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops .. I love * the * memories you shared today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were some adorable cowgirls! The Hustle brought back memories for me, too. We had to learn to disco dance in jr. high and my partner and I won the contest dancing to the Hustle. Thanks for sharing your happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are a couple of very cute Cowgirls!! How great that you could make their outfits! Now I am humming The Hustle!! LOL Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent song choices. My mind went blank. I love Christmas music too and I also couldn't pick one. Sweet memories of your daughters school years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I LOVED the Hustle. Never could do the dance, but that didn't stop me from trying. LOL. My hubby's a musician, too. Sure is nice when he makes time to sit down at the keyboards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you posted that old picture of your two girls!! So cute.
    I like music when I shop but not the kind usually blaring out. Someone has said it sounds like someone having surgery with no anesthetic. Just this morning I had a visit to my eye surgeon's office. He always has nice hymns playing softly. I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! How cute are your girls, and those costumes are wonderful! You did a great job!! Amazing!! They remind me of our cheerleading uniforms. We were red and white too, and had pleated skirts similar to that. You are quite a seamstress. Love your song pics. Yes, I would not be able to choose a favorite Christmas song. I love them all! (but prefer not to hear them until after Thanksgiving).

    ReplyDelete
  15. We loved the disco music of the 80's. What a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you on #4! It is hard to pick favorite Christmas music. I love it all. Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary. Great musical memories. Your girls look so cute in their drill team outfits. I am wondering what instrument Mr. D plays. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, he plays the guitar, and very well !! I'm his biggest fan :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!