Monday, November 30, 2020

I Felt His Hand on Me. . .

We had a very quiet and peaceful weekend.  Friday evening and all day Saturday it rained and was very gloomy.  Being home was the best place to be.  The daughters and granddaughter kept us fed from Thanksgiving to last night.  Lots of turkey and dressing with all the side dishes, and plenty of desserts.  

We didnt' go hungry that's for sure.

We did go for a ride Sunday afternoon, it was nice to get out for a little while.  We didn't venture too far, we're still in recovery mode.  

Do you believe in earth angels?  When I was in the hospital fighting the brutal covid virus, I had several really bad days.  On one of those days a nurse named Kellye popped into my room like a ray of sunshine.   I don't know what it was about her, but she made a big difference in my healing.  My girls were calling the hospital everyday to check on me, they couldn't visit, and they also noticed how caring this nurse was and they bonded like sisters.  In fact, I was calling her my adopted daughter after just a few days.  I think God knew I needed someone to lift me, not just physically but mentally/spiritually.  When Kellye was getting me ready to leave, we said the 23 Psalm together, did He send this special young woman to be someone special for me?

When I got to the Rehab Hospital I was very distraught, I wanted to go home.  I had a little bit of a meltdown that day . . . nurses and aids and even the head nurse of the facility came and talked with me, yet no one made a difference.  About 7:00 pm the Head of Therapy came into my room, her name is Amy.  What in the world did she say that calmed my spirit?  I don't know, but when she left my room I was calm and at peace with the whole stinkin' situation.  Another person that God used as an angel to watch over me.

Yes, God does things like that.

2 1/2 weeks later I walked out of rehab, and never in those weeks was I upset again.  I know He calmed me and I know He used special people to visit with me.

When I walked out the door Mr D was there waiting for me, the car door was open, ready for me to get in . . . I sure was happy.   Someone else was beside the car, Amy!!  She came to see me off, I felt so blessed.

It doesn't matter how bad the journey, there's always a silver lining.

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Isaiah 41:10

I'm here to say this scripture is true, I felt His hand on me.

Memo;
I learned that Kellye called the rehab hospital several times to check on me.  I don't even know her last name, but I'll never forget her.

Until Next Time


16 comments:

  1. this is an awesome testimony, MaryJane.....glad your Father was taking care of you as only He can....love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you and your hubby have been sick. I did not know. But I'm happy you are both recovering from your illness and are home and even going out for a ride.

    Isn't it so wonderful when God sends just what or who we need when we need them. I love how He is so involved in our lives and is always with us in the good and bad times.

    Praying that you both will continue to recover and be back to full speed very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly believe God had those people there for you!

    When we lift our eyes to God, He's always there for us!

    God's blessings to you and your husband!

    Thanks for sharing what you did, I truly enjoyed reading what you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Yes. Like that sweet song, "I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me cry Miss Mary. Tears of pure joy as our Lord always knows what we need and how we need it. He is an ON TIME GOD! Thanking Him for sending you some precious angels. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe God puts people in our lives when we need the most. I am so glad you made it Mary! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe in angels sent by God and He had you in His hands with a caring angel like Amy. It gives me chills to hear how you were tenderly cared for by these nurses. I loved hearing this story. Thank you for sharing. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is so beautiful, Mary, and I believe every bit of it. God does send ministering angels to us just when we need them most. I remember after have major surgery and the first time I was supposed to get up I was afraid, and God sent this sweet nurse named Cindy, who reminded me so much of a dear Christian friend named Cindy who was also a nurse, but in a different state. But this girl was so much like her it was almost as if God sent her in the spirit to minister to me because He knew she was what I needed at that moment. I've never forgotten that...it touched me so emphatically. So, yes, I do believe...and I am so thankful He sent those dear ones to you just when you needed them most. God is so good to His beloved children. So happy you are now home with your sweetheart and that God has given you both another "chance" at life. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He has given us more time together this side of heaven. So thankful for all He has done!

      Delete
  9. I'm so thankful that you had those wonderful nurses to be with you and care so lovingly for you. It reminds us that We are HIS hands and feet in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God does indeed send Angels to be with us. I am so glad you had Kellye and Amy to help while you were sick and I am so glad you are well and home!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how God brings people into our lives at just the time we need them. Kellye and Amy were heaven sent angels, it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!