Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 Time to join Joyce for Wednesday's Hodgepodge


1. Have you done more binge watching this past year than in 'normal' years? Any plans to break that habit in 2021? Tell us one or two shows you binged last year that you really liked. 

Not much tv binging, but I have been reading more than usual.  I just started my fourth book for January, The Loneliest Cottage. A cute story that I'm having trouble putting it down. 
 
It's always that way when I'm enjoying a good book,

2. January 26th is Australia Day. Have you ever visited or lived in Australia? Have you ever tasted Vegemite, and if so what did you think? Is a trip down under on your bucket list? We answered a question about travel three months ago (the October 21st Hodgepodge), but let's revisit now...where are you when it comes to planning or even imagining travel this year? 

No, I've never been to Australia but I would love to.  No, I've never tasted Vegemite . . . I don't know if I would like it, maybe.  No traveling for me, maybe a short roadtrip every now and then.

3. Something that zaps your energy? Something that energizes you? 

With my illness it doesn't take much to zap me, and alas, not much that energizes me either.  That's life with COPD, but I'm still blessed with many things I can do.

4. On a scale of 1-10 what are your eating habits like these days? (1=all junk food all the time and 10= juicing every green thing in the frig) Healthiest meal you've eaten in the last week or so? 

No, we don't eat junk food all the time.  We get a lot of our meals from Luby's, they have great vegies, salads and variety of main courses.  It's important for Mr D and I to have lots of vegetables in our diet.

5. What's your most often 'Back in my day....' thing to say? 

Sadly, things aren't like they used to be.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Until Next Time




5 comments:

  1. Sadly, I agree with your #5. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you #6 and agree with your #5. Fun questions today. Wishing you a good rest of the week, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your random thought. In the park where we walk by the lake there's a bench with a sign on it. It's composed of 10 two letter words. IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME ...basically saying the same thing as your quotation. Be the change you'd want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last quote and hope to try and live up to that. And yes, #5, it is sad. I guess our parents and grandparents probably felt the same way, but I think we are witnessing something really different and much sadder...maybe they felt like they were living in the last days too, but I believe more and more we are getting closer and closer. But that's not all bad...we'll soon be seeing Jesus face to face. What a glorious day that will be!! Take care and stay well my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!