Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tuesday 4

 Moving

Welcome to Tuesday 4 kept up in memory of our friend Toni Taddeo, by Annie.  Toni would be so pleased to see people keeping up with it!

Click HERE to join in!

Let's talk about moving today.




1. How far away are you from where you grew up?
I grew up all over the mid USA, with a little of Canada along the way.  At a very early age I saw more and learned more about this great country than most people ever do.  My Dad was a construction worker and our family went where his job sent him.  My Mother often told me I needed to write a book about our adventures along the way.  There are many, some would make you laugh, some might make you cry.  My own children have lived in the same town, went to the only schools in town, and lived in the same house all the years they were growing up and that makes me happy.

2. Families sometimes move all over the country. Do you feel that a family should try to stay close together?
I do feel a family should stay close but I know that isn't always possible.  They have to go where life leads them and so many times that's away from the hub of family.  My three brothers and myself never lived close, all four of us miles from each other.  Sometimes that made me sad.  I am blessed that all four of my children live just minutes away and I see them often.

3. How many times have you moved in your life and would you like to share when and where you moved?
See my answer to number one!

4. What brought you to where you are living now and are you happy there?
Daddy was sent here on a job in 1960, I met Mr D and the rest is history.  

With all the traveling I did as a child I was so blessed when God planted me where I am now.


Until Next Time


12 comments:

  1. I love that verse. I moved several times as a child but always in the same area. My kids grew up in the house we currently live in, but they have chosen to move far away, which is okay with me. It gives me a place to travel and visit and they visit us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the same house and went to school with the same kids all the way through. That was in Omaha, NE. Now we live in Washington and have for almost 28 years. We're moving HOME this year. I can't wait. Our family is all there including our daughter. One son is in Montana and the other commutes between Japan and London. We're alone here except for our church family but when we move, we'll be within 3 blocks of the church we met and married in. Literally. We met in Sunday school class! I can't wait to be back there.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful that you're moving home, I know you must be so excited. One of my daughters live on the same street as the church where Mr D and I married.

      Delete
  3. I was able to give my youngest child the gift of growing up where he was born. My older two kids had a military father and so they saw a lot of the country. Now my sons live a half hour from me and my daughter will be moving to Florida next month. That will give me lots of excuses to visit the state I lived in before I moved to TN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you had those early experiences of travel and living in many interesting places, but then that God have you stability and a happy home for your adult years. I guess I was just the opposite. My family moved once from PA to Florida, and there we stayed until my parents died. And I have moved all over the place all of my adult years, but it was always wonderful to know that my home was there to go home to. Now we are trying to be more stable and have our sons here except for the one in heaven, and someday we will ALL be together again. This world is not our final home, we are just a passing through..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we'll all be together some day. We are only visitors here.

      Delete
  5. Having your kids and Mr. D is the most important! God surrounding you all with His love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so neat you were able to move around and see the country and really get to know it, not just visit for a brief time. This is such a beautiful country. I would love to visit more of it.
    That is so nice your children live close to you! Loved your answers. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers today as usual.
    Have a good day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am an OKIE girl thru and thru, however at some point the Lord has already told me I belong back in South TX. what reasonings I do not know, I trust in him fully. hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiling as I read your post. Blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also so fortunate that my grown children all live nearby. We've lived in this house for over 40 years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!