Friday, November 25, 2022

Saturday 9

 Time to join Sam for Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Two Black Cadillacs (2011)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it HERE

1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets?

I sure try to be and think I am.  I would hate to betray anyone who would feel safe sharing something with me.

2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books?

I have not read any of his books, I'm not sure about movies.

3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases?

I'm certainly not a traveler, not by plane anyway.  I do enjoy having points on things I purchase.

4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping?

No shopping for me.

5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind?

American Bandstand and The Liberty Bell.


6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year?

Sorry, there is no way I could pick just one.  Green Bean Casserole was so tasty, the mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows was divine, cornbread dressing to die for, mashed potatoes with a secret ingredient was delicious, home made tamales, oh so good.  Nope, I can't pick just one. 😀

7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football.
Did you watch any games?

No.

8) What are you thankful for this year?

All that God has provided, He is a such a loving Father.

9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and
have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand
dryer.  Which do you choose?

Hot air hand dryer.


You can join in the fun my linking HERE

Until Next Time




3 comments:

  1. How could I have forgotten Dick Clark's Bandstand?! I've not had a good tamale in a couple years now; we used to order them online from the Lone Star Tamale Company but that all went by the way during the pandemic.
    Remember those old cloth hand towels that you pulled down after each use? Those were so nasty, but it was the norm; we never thought to complain. Good luck finding a dry spot, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to Dick Clark! Joe was from Philly so I always think of him first. I am no fond of cornbread stuffing but did have some on the plate my neighbor brought me. Nothing could beat my mom's homemade dressing. Have a good weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're enjoying all of the leftovers, I never get tired of them. I use the paper towels. I read an article about the ridiculously huge amount of germs the air dryers blow out and avoid them now, even if there is no other option.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!