Saturday, March 25, 2023

Saturday Nine

 

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here are today's questions!

Join in the fun and link up HERE


Saturday 9: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this week's song, BJ Thomas sings that he knows it won't be long until he finds happiness. What are you looking forward to today? What's going to make you smile?
I smile every day; it doesn't take much.  I enjoy where I am in life, and I take each new day as it comes.  With God holding my hand (Is. 41:10) I know everything is going to be okay and that makes me happy.

2) BJ Thomas met his wife Gloria at a bar. She was there with his drummer, but BJ let his friend know he felt a connection to Gloria and was going to drive her home. BJ and Gloria were married for 50 years, until his death. Have you and a friend ever found yourselves attracted to the same person? If yes, how did you handle it?
No, that's never happened to me and I'm glad because I don't know how I would handle it.  Sometimes you learn as you go.
 
3) This song is from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, which has been called "the most entertaining Western ever made." Do you enjoy Westerns?
I love westerns, old westerns mostly.  We watch GRIT on DirecTV every night, in fact that's what I'm watching right now.  It's an old Randolph Scott movie.

4) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of the most popular movies Paul Newman made, but he liked to say his "favorite role is philanthropist." He raised an amazing $500 million for children's charities through his Newman's Own brand. The most popular Newman's Own product is salad dressing. What flavor of salad dressing would we find in your kitchen right now?
You would find Ranch Dressing for me and Honey Mustard for Mr D.
 
5) Burt Bacharach won the first of his three Oscars for this song. Yet 20th Century Fox originally wanted to cut the song from the movie, maintaining that that song and the famous "bicycle sequence" between Paul Newman and Katharine Ross were anachronistic and made the movie too long. Burt and the movie's director George Roy Hill fought for it, insisting that it helped define the optimistic character of Butch. Tell us about a time you were glad you stood your ground.
As supervisor over operations at the bank where I worked for many years, I had to stand my ground often, it just came with the job.  I really don't remember a specific issue right now.

6) Edith Head also won an Oscar for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. She said that Robert Redford, who played Sundance, presented a wardrobe problem. His jawline is too strong, so she had to create special wider-brimmed hats to balance it. If you could magically change one of your physical features, which would you choose? And which feature would you never change?
There are several, but this is the way God made me, so I don't let them bother me.  I am who I am, and I look just like ME!!

7) In 1969, when this song was a hit, The Beatles played their last concert on the roof of Abbey Road Studios. When did you last climb onto the roof?
I don't remember if I've ever been on the roof.  

8) Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries sold at a brisk pace at Christmastime 1969. They're still popular today. Were you a fan?
I was/am a big fan of Nancy Drew; at one time I had the complete set of Nancy Drew Books.

9) Random question: Do you consider yourself old fashioned?
I don't but I know I am.  I don't follow new trends or fads.  My home decor is not according to current trends, it's a collection of things I love, and I love it that way! I guess I am eclectic.

Just a thought:  I loved this movie and the bicycle scene to the song is an all-time favorite of mine.  One of those things I can watch over and over and never get tired of it.

Until Next Time



 

9 comments:

  1. Ah, Randolph Scott! I love spotting him unexpectedly in non-Western roles. Have you seen My Favorite Wife? He plays the super athletic man who was marooned on an island with Irene Dunne. He's very funny. And I love Butch and Sundance, too. It's great fun, until that sad, sad ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mary! Amen to #1!!! I love your answer to #6. You know what is sad is that we are our own worst enemy. I never think people do not look good, they look like themselves like you said, but I look at myself and pick myself apart. I am glad you do not do that. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answer to #5. Sometimes it just comes with the job,

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one time my goal was to have the complete set of Nancy Drew, but I didn't make it. I had about 25 of them, and finally sent them off to the library book sale about 8 years ago. I was sorry to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your number one answer - Me too! :)
    I was a fan of the Nancy Drew books and have the complete set!
    I agree with Lori's answer to number 6!! I do the same thing. You have the right answer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all your answers and yes, I was a Nancy Drew fan too. GM

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of us young girls grew up with Nancy Drew!! We should form a club!! Mary, I enjoyed all of your answers and could join your eclectic club if you started one!! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN(!) to #1. #6, too -- tho' I have to admit it's taken me more than 50 years to feel this way. How freeing! We've a real hodgepodge of salad dressings, but it seems the only ones that get used at Marie's Bleu Cheese or Ken's Greek.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was the first movie I ever saw in a theater. All of us kids took Mom and Dad out to dinner and a movie for their 25th anniversary. I've never forgotten it because I had never been to a semi-nice restaurant before either.
    I like Ranch, Hubby like Bleu Cheese. I've never had the issue of liking someone a friend did either. I was also on the roof of our camper last summer. And I've been to Abbey Road Studios. Last fall we recreated the Beatles walk across the road with our son and his wife! So fun!
    I've always read both Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, Donna Parker and The Boxcar Children. I read ALL of the time as a child.
    I am considered old fashioned and that's okay with me. I don't have the latest trends either. Fads change all of the time.
    I hope you had a great Saturday. I had lunch with my daughter, sister and niece today. That gives me a HUGE smile.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!