Monday, June 12, 2023

It's Hot Outside!

 Here it is Monday afternoon and I'm still nesting at the kitchen table.  As much as I love porch-sitting in my swing, it's just too hot.  I tried to sit our for a little while yesterday but the heat was so bad even the light breeze was hot air.  It sure didn't take me long to get back in the house where it's nice and cool.

Thank you Lord for air conditioning, it is truly a blessed blessing!

I have a new coffee mug!!  

It has a great message, I love that it will remind me each morning to Be Still and Let God.

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!



My little angel, a constant reminder . . .

Hebrews 13:2

Don't forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

Have you ever felt like you missed an opportunity to entertain an angel.  I have and to this day I regret the decision I made that day.  Mr D and I had just parked our car at a restaurant, as I was getting out of the car a person approached me asking for money.  Seems they were stranded and just needed a few dollars to get where they needed to be.  It caught me so off guard, I politely refused to help.  There are so many people out there that try to scam older folks.  We went on in to eat and I had the strangest feeling, one that did not leave for a long time.  I felt I should have helped that person.  I still get that feeling when I think about that day, and I truly believe that was an angel. It really makes me sad.


Oh, I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love

I've had another encounter with what I think was an angel.  A few years ago Mr D and I were shopping in Lowe's when he passed out and hit the floor.  It was one of my scariest moments.  Employees of Lowe's were so great and helpful, they were right there doing all they good.  Of course a small crowd had gathered around us, I was standing yet leaning over Dean trying to be sure of all that they were doing for him while waiting for the ambulance.  Out of 'nowhere' a young man put his hand on my shoulder and asked if he could pray over this situation, of course I said yes and bowed my head as this gentleman prayed a beautiful prayer.  Seconds went by and I turned to thank him, and he was gone.  I looked up and down the aisle, he was nowhere to be seen.  An angel??  Maybe so.

Luke 41:10

For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee.

God's restoring servants, His heavenly messengers, have encouraged, sustained and lifted the spirits of many flagging saints; and they have changed many hopeless circumstances into bright propects
Billy Graham
AND . . .
Just so ya know . . .


. . . Adalyn had a great birthday!

Blessings to All

Until Next Time









7 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, Adalyn certainly looks like she had a wonderful time. I do truly believe that there are angels walking among us. I have experienced two separate incidents, years apart. One was with Dennis and one was with my best friend in Washington. Both times the angels rescued us from a perilous situation. There is no other explaination than they were sent by the Lord to us.
    I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday that is a bit cooler for you.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Adalynn...she looks so happy on her birthday! What a precious child! Regarding angels, I do believe they are among us, and they appear when we need them most. We've had such encounters that left us wondering, "Could it have been an angel?" Only God knows. Regarding the one asking for money, you did what you felt in your good conscience that you had to do. We can't always give in situations like that because we know there are so many scammers. I believe God gives us an inner knowledge of when it is okay to give. Whether or not that person was an angel or a scammer, again, only God knows. Your concern for the person all these years may actually have done them more good than you realize. Prayers work wonders. And God is able to provide for people in need even when we can't always do what we wish we could. Oh, I love your new mug. That is one of my favorite verses. Beautiful tea pot too. And yes, it is TOO hot to sit outside. It is also very humid here, so that makes it even more uncomfortable. Yes, we are very thankful for the AC. Have a blessed week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new mug and the inscription is sometime we all need to remember.
    Your Adalyn is adorable. They grow up so fast. Have a happy day and enjoy your ac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new mug looks so pretty (and so does the tea pot)

    You had some wonderful experiences with angels through the years. That's so encouraging. GM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so surprised to see Texas' temps on this morning's Today show! That's just not right. (*grin*) Love the pretty new cup. That used to be my weakness, then I purged most. Looking forward to discovering something new that calls my name ... I'm not sure what that is, but I'll know it when I see it. Your story of the incident in Lowe's gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's only been in the low 60's here today!
    I believe in angels too.
    Adalyn is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! Yes, the heat right now in our area of Texas is suffocating! I love your new coffee mug :) Have you read Billy Graham's book on angels? So many great stories about encountering them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!