Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Cottage By The Sea


I just finished reading the best book.

Annie Marlow has been through the worst.  Rocked by tragedy, she heads to the one place that makes her happy: Oceanside in the Pacific Northwest, the destination of many family vacations when Annie was a teenager.

I love when the author can draw me in to the point I feel I really know the characters ~ when I find myself thinking of them even when the book is closed for the night ~ when I'm wanting to talk with them on each page and when I hate to put the book down....it's like I become part of the story.

In this heartwarming tale, Annie finds that the surest way to fix what is damaged within is to help others rise above their pain and find a way to heal.

Now that the last chapter has been read I will miss the characters and think about them for weeks to come.

Annie, Keaton, Mellie and Preston, I'm going to miss you!

They will finally fade from my mind and hopefully a new good book with new characters to love will come my way.

Until then. . . . life goes on.

Ob-la-di ob-la-da life goes on bra
La-la how the life goes on
Ob-la-di ob-la-da life goes on bra
La-la how the life goes on


Gotta go, it's time for The Price is Right!!
((hugs))



11 comments:

  1. I love a really good book and I like to read what other people think about them. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your book review Mary. I have to check out Cottage By The Sea. I've been getting a little lazy on my reading lately. Have a day of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her books, smiles....they just seem so real. Hope you have a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book but I have read several of Debbie Macomber's books and I have loved them all! Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me write it on my list. I am going to looking for new reads this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed Debbie's books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to look for this one! Mary, that is exactly why I look for books that are 3 or more in a series because I just hate to say "goodbye" to new 'friends'. I feel the same way you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...so now I need to get this book! She should hire you for her publicity person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer afternoons are perfect for curling up with a book and a glass of ice tea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, now I want to read that book. I've never gotten into Debbie Macomber's books much, but maybe I will try again. This one must have been good. I do get caught up in my characters and hate to see a good book end. I try to check out all the books I can by an author in order so I can pick up the sequel as soon as I finish the other...So thankful for my public library.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!