Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

I've was busy this weekend!!  
Finally got some 'fall' around this house!

This picture is from a few years ago.
I love my dishes from Jewel Tea, this pattern is Autumn Leaf.

The three tiered shelf all ready for fall.

Those of you that follow Debbie over at Breathing In Grace know she uses the phrase, "ain't God good?" often.  Well, I just happen to love it when she does that.  We were in the Walmart parking lot the other day, when Mr D pulled into a parking space I couldn't believe what was written on the back windshield of the car in front of us....

are you ready?....


in big white letters....


AIN'T GOD GOOD


I squealed and Mr D jumped like I had shot him.  When I told him why I was so excited he told me I better get a picture, which I did, or least I tried.  The sun was so bright it was making a glare on the glass, getting a good picture was impossible.  Anyway, I'm going to Houston and see if Lifeway or Mardel's have the stickers, if so I'm buying several, one for me and some to give away.  Deb, if I find them I'm sending you one!!


I just love it when something so simple makes me so happy.


Autumn

Nina Parmenter

This is the first poem I ever wrote, at the grand old age of five, while rustling through fallen leaves on my way to school.


Leaves that fall upon the ground,
I know they’re falling without a sound
Leaves turn red, orange, golden brown,
I rustle in them as I go to town,
Some animals go to sleep,
In their holes, down deep,
The days are getting windy and cold,
Autumn is here, I’ve been told.


Written Autumn 1982 

Yep, fall is in the air! We have low temps in the 60's forecast for late next week. I can hardly wait.
Until Next Time

16 comments:

  1. I love it Mary!! I am sure your husband did think something was wrong when you squealed. lol Happy Fall. I love the Bird Cross stitch in the first picture. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your cheery post and photos! The poem is so precious. I sure don't think I could have come up with anything near that at five years of age! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Fall Miss Mary. I am just wishing cooler temps my way. Love your little poem at the age of five. I found a poem I wrote to my grandfather when I was 12 recently. (smiles) And oh yes....GOD IS GOOD! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my mercy! I'm so excited! Yes, I'd gladly display it on my car, too! And I spotted Ollie Owl 🦉! Happy Monday, Friend! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ma'am, God is good, all the time,smiles...I just love this post, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain't God Good? Yes He is!! All the time, good! I loved this post...and the poem, and the touches of fall all around you. So happy to hear your temps are going down next week. Send us a few cooler breezes across the gulf, please! have a blessed week!!! Yes, God IS good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep!! God IS good!! I should pop into the local Christian book store to see if they have that sticker! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Mary, you gotta see God's not Dead 2 and the 3rd one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to see that sign! Yup, He is totally good!
    Enjoyed the post and looking forward to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...fall has arrived at your house. All of your decorations are so lovely! And I love the poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you find a place that sells those bumper stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fall, especially the cup. Yes God is good, all the time, we just need to be still and listen to Him!
    Have a blessed day, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are very inviting!

    God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary, I enjoyed my visit here today. I love how you decorated your tiered basket and you gave me a good idea to do mine also. I love the fall season. Yes God is good, all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just came across this Mary! Loved my little old poem being a part of your autumn scene! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!