Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday Morning Coffee Chat

I couldn't resist having morning coffee in my poinsettia teacup.

I felt quite special.

Family News:

It was Cookie Day at Tammy's yesterday!
She had all her grands over for a fun day of decorating cookies.  

Of course her grands are my great grands. 
 (that's how it works 😊)
Carter, Camden, Ava, Madison holding Merica
Luke and Emma.

All seven in the same picture is rare, I will be sending this to Walgreens for a print.

Today's Quote:

Don't allow all the flashing Christmas lights on the outside to distract you from the inner light of His presence.
Patsy Clairmont

Christmas Trivia:

Coca-Cola played a huge part in Santa's image.

According to Coca-Cola, Santa used to look a lot less jolly — even spooky. When the company hired an illustrator named Haddon Sundblom in 1931 to create images of Santa for magazine advertisements, the warm and friendly Santa we know today was born. 

Around Town:

I love this Santa on top of our City Hall.  He is huge.  This picture is from last year....do you notice anything odd?  Yes, that is a light dusting of snow!!

We had snow last year, something we don't see very often.


As I've prepared my blog the TV is on the Food Network and I've been 'half-way' watching a gingerbread house cookoff. These contestants are awesome, their houses are amazing....how do they do that? lol Years ago I made a gingerbread house from scratch (no kit)...it turned out great (not really).  But I was covered in flour, icing and gingerbread. My kitchen was covered in flour, icing and gingerbread and my kitchen floor was covered in ….well you get my drift. Needless to say, that was my first and last gingerbread house. With that said, I love to watch talented bakers make such wonderful pieces of art from gingerbread.

Todays Scripture:

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

Until Next Time

May the Christmas season wrap you in joy and happiness.



10 comments:

  1. Creating gingerbread houses (without the kit) is something that our daughter-in-law does with our granddaughters every year. She makes her own gingerbread and their houses always look SO nice. I'm with you...how do they do that? I love your Scripture verse and the pictures of your great-grands! Interesting history about Santa and Cocoa-Cola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your great grands and the info about the Coca Cola Santa. I cant begin to think of making a gingerbread house...it would be a disaster from the beginning...lol. I admire those that can tho! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post for a Monday morning! I like your poinsettia tea cup, and the pic of all the great-grands together is a treasure. I remember the Coca-Cola Santas.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that lovely Christmas tea cup too!!

    Years ago my DH made very small but simple wooden houses for the grands to decorate. They were so sturdy that we took them out of the Christmas cupboard Three more years ( then I secretly threw them out).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy friend blogversy. You always make me smile, Mary...sorry I am little late in FB and here, my mil is demanding more and more of our time...don't think I am complaining (ok a little).

    Thank you for the smiles. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cookie baking at Nana's house....what a fun time. So glad you get to enjoy your great grands Mary. I can only remember one of my great grandmothers. She and my great grandfather were pretty special in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your pretty Poinsettia cup and saucer, I've never seen one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo of your great-grands is terrific and certainly worthy of a print to frame! Cookie traditions mean so much as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your poinsettia tea cup Mary. The photo of your great-grands is definitely a keeper, I too would have it saved and framed and hung on the wall. I do remember the Coca-Cola Santa. Have a day of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cup is beautiful!

    Funny how Santa has changed over the years. I wonder if they will slim him down eventually?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!