Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Foto Friends

Linking with Deb at Breathing In Grace. . .

I haven't been taking many pictures lately, which means I have nothing new to share today.  So I went searching back in time and found this picture, it's the very first picture I shared on FFF in November 2015!


Howdy from Texas!

I don't know about your state but here in Texas it's not unusual to see our flag displayed by businesses and homes.  We were out for a ride one day when I saw this and instantly knew I had found a great blog picture!


Ava had her first guitar recital yesterday.  She's following in PawPaw Dean's footsteps, along with her cousins Matt, Travis and Jason.  There's always been a lot of music in our home.

The yardman came and mowed yesterday, I love the smell of freshly mowed (or is it mown?) grass, it's such a fresh, earthy, springy smell.  It was a great day for porch-sitting.  I even had a mockingbird stop by to say hello.  He was a pretty fellow too, it looked like he has been living well because he was a little fatty.  He looked at me and chirped and I chirped said hello back, then he was gone, as quick as he came.

Afterthought and FYI:
I looked up mowed vs mown, this is what I found...

Mowed is the past tense of the verb mow. For example, if you cut the grass yesterday, you might say, “I mowed the lawn yesterday.” Mown is often used as mow’s past-participial adjective. So one might say, “The freshly mown grass looks nice.” But mowed is also sometimes used for this purpose. Neither is right or wrong.


Until Next Time
Remember, if you smile, the world smiles with you.
😊😊😊

7 comments:

  1. Sitting on the porch and having a mockingbird visit, that sounds just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We see a lot of flags or red white and blue stars on farm barns here in upstate New York too Mary. I love that. Ava is adorable and how great is that getting flowers. I could just picture being able to sit on a porch and being visited by a mockingbird. So peaceful! Love your header and your very first FFF too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that foto, Ms. Mary. My mind is full these days and the week got away from me. Did you know that the mockingbird is the Tennessee state bird. Maybe it was delivering you a message from me! πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freshly cut grass does indeed smell good! See... I avoided mown and mowed! Congratulations to sweet and talented Ava!! We don't see Florida flags very often, but we do still see the Dixie flag here and there. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! My daughter was in Austin all week for a conference and enjoyed some good Texas BBQ. She raved about it!
    The best photo is the darling smile on the little guitarist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you get into "past-participial adjective" - type talk, the eyes of my head roll back and I'm lost. Hadn't thought much about "mowed" versus "mown." But it looks like either usage is okay. Whew!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!