Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thankful Thursday



Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary,
because it means you’ve made a difference.

It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

~Author Unknown


I am so thankful to be blessed with a wonderful hubby.  I didn't even notice when Mr D went outside yesterday, but I did notice when he presented me a beautiful bouquet of roses from our rose bush.  I couldn't believe he even found the vases and choose one to put them in.....miracles never cease!  I think I was more surprised he found the vase than I was about the flowers.


Thank you Mr D
I think I'll keep you another 56 years!!

In 1 Thessalonians 5:18, the Bible tells us to give thanks in all things.  We may not be able to give thanks for all things, but in every situation we can praise God for His character, His faithfulness, and His promises.
Gary Oliver
(Made Perfect in Weakness, 1995)

My dear GLOW friend, Zephra, is having back surgery today.  Please pray for this dear lady, that the surgery is successful and her recovery is quick.  Thank you.

Until Next Time



6 comments:

  1. What a sweet husband!! It is the little things that make life wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Those flowers are beautiful and oh do I love that vase. How precious of Mr. D. Love your thankful post. YES.... We have so much to be thankful for. Hugs and blessings to you Miss Mary.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers lifted for your friend! And, yes... keep that guy around for another 56 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet husband you have. ( I would be surprised too if mine found my vases).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the poem that you have shared with us, Mary. And that Mr. D. bringing you roses already in a vase...so special...and so is being married for 56 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post today! Love the Be Thankful thoughts and that your sweetie found a vase for the flowers. So thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!