Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Thankful Thursday

The Holy Spirit

To me, a fascinating aspect of the Holy Spirit is that He dwells in us. 

But what does He do in us?  As children of God, our bodies become a temple where the Father can dwell through His Holy Spirit.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 Corinthians 3:16

 He speaks through us  . . .

"for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
Matthew 10:20

he reminds us of what we’ve been taught . . .

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 14:26

and He convicts us of our sin . . .

"And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.
John 16:8

And as if that wasn’t enough, we are told that “ the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” 

What a gift!

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:26

What a Blessing!

I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit keeps me on tract, telling me whether to go left or right, or to just be still and wait.  I am thankful that when I am so overcome with emotion, whether happy or sad, and I can't find the words to pray, He goes before the Father for me and tells Him my heart.

Our God is an Awesome God!
Amen!

Are you anxious for Thanksgiving, I sure am!

Once again a BIG thank you to Rebecca Jo for hosting ~

Thankful Thursday

Until Next Time


5 comments:

  1. Where would we be without those nudges from the Holy Spirit - love knowing Christ lives in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Spirit, Who binds us together in Christ. We are so blessed to be His children. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Mary. I am counting out all the things I have to do before thanksgiving. Only a week away now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely and timely reminder of all the Spirit does for us! Your little Pilgrims are adorable and I love that teacup, such a pretty pattern. Blessings on the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!