Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A Visitor

 While porch-sitting the other afternoon the most amazing thing happened!

Photo from the internet.

The sweetest little hummer came right up on the porch, I thought he was going to land on my knee.  He was so close, he hovered looking at me, we were eye to eye.  He hovered for a little while then moved on to one of the pot plants and then he was gone.

He didn't go far, he's been feeding here all week to the delight of me and Mr. D!


Did You Know?
Hummingbirds have a great memory - they remember every flower & feeder they've been to, and how long it will take a flower to refill. Their brains make up 4.2% of their body weight. Proportionally speaking, they have the largest brains of the wild bird group.

I hope he remembers me!

They're such fascinating little creatures.




5 comments:

  1. I love your signature, Mary!! How cute is that! What a wonderful experience to have the hummer come right up to you and look into your eyes! I absolutely love this story. Your post made me very happy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? I love hummingbirds but haven't seen one since we left the lake. I love your signature. You're a lot better with computers than I am!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been an amazing thing, to have the tiny hummingbird come so close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how neat! So glad you got such a sweet visitor. I hope he comes back often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice treat to have. I like watching these tiny creatures flutter about. I didn't know this about their memory. Good to know.
    d

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!