Thursday, September 2, 2021

Thursday Tidbits

As I turned the calendar page yesterday I couldn't help thinking, how fast/slow this year has been.  

Fast/Slow, is it possible to have both at the same time, I think so.

Looking back over the months, it seems like just a short while ago it was the first of the year.  And yet, as I'm living the days, one by one, it seems time is dragging.  It's something I'll never understand.

Maybe someday Father Time will explain it to me, ya think?

Our sweet Hazel Kay is walking!!!

Talk about where did the time go?  This is a prime example of time flying!! 😃


A Thursday Tidbit!!

Thursday’s child has far to go…”
If you’re a Thursday’s child according to this old rhyme you’re predestined for greatness! 


I started a new book, hope it's good.  I'm so bad about starting what I think will be a good read and it's not!!

The First Wife's Secret.


“I’m glad you’re all here today." My father raises his glass of champagne high. "Because there's something I've been wanting to share with you all."

The way my stepmother’s looking at him, though, I can tell right away Dad’s gone off-script. He looks out over the crowd and rubs his hand across his sweat-beaded forehead. He's shaking, I notice. Emotion, or just the heat of this scorching afternoon? And then he looks my way - his glance is absolutely piercing - and suddenly, in the next moment, his knees buckle. The glass drops from his hand and smashes like a grenade, an explosion of deafening silence.
My father is lying face-forward in the grass.
"Somebody call an ambulance," a voice shrieks.
And the world as I know it ends.

Goodreads gives it a 5 star rating, I'll let you know how many stars I'd give it!


Right now I'm watching an old black and white movie made in 1953!  Debbie Reynolds and Bobby Van in Dobie Gillis.   A very cute movie with lots of music and a very cute story line.  Sure makes for a relaxing afternoon.  Soon the dogbabies will want their supper, hope they can wait until the movie is over.


Until Next Time




10 comments:

  1. Love your tidbits, Mary. I so love watching Debbie Reynolds movies, but I'm not sure if I've seen that one or not. I always loved the Tammy movies she was in. That book sounds interesting. I'll be curious to hear what you think of it. I love that picture with you all and Hazel Grace. Yes, time does fly when it comes to our grandchildren. My grandson turns 5 in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how that happened. Have a great day Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book does sound very interesting but like you I often start a book with great enthusiasm only to find myself uninterested after a couple of chapters.
    Too bad I wasn't born on a different day of the week. I'm a Wednesday child ( the one who's full of woe).
    Lovely picture of you, Mr D and little Hazel Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, another one to add to my 'Must Read' pile! Thankfully, I never like to spend too much $, so when I throw it to the curb mid-way I'm not terribly guilty. Love the picture of you 3!
    Blessings from a Friday's child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title seems ominous. Then that beginning... Oh no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book reads like it would be a very good book. The author has a great way with the words. Think I'd like to read this one. Blessings, ~d

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your face here again!! Missed you, dear Mary! I can't get over Hazel Kay walking already! And I do love her name! Wishing you a good Friday and weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember watching Dobie Gillis years ago. From what I remember it was really cute.
    Time does seem to fly. I want to grab it and save it all for when we have freedom to travel and be out and about again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're BACK!!! When did this happen? Did I miss something? So happy to see you here again! I've missed you something awful! Thank you!!! The book sounds good. And I loved Dobie Gillis on TV back in the day, so I hope the movie is good to. Debbie Reynolds was always fun to watch. So happy Hazel Kay is walking...yes that seems too fast! Babies just don't stay babies for long any more! Welcome back. Have a blessed and peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no other way to get the body of herpes virus other than detoxification using natural diet or pure herbs. The health industry is a billion dollars industry - which is why the big pharmaceuticals sued Dr. Sebi the moment he discovered a 1-Week CURE FOR HERPES (Oral and Genital). Most diseases are acquired by what you eat. Even when infected by someone, it thrives because your body is receptive and filled with mucus. No disease can survive in an electric filled body. What you eat will determine how you live, how you behave, and even how it relates to you. Detoxification is the heart of ridding the body of the herpes virus. There is no other way to bring the necessary result. There are three ways to achieve this; Stop putting acidic foods into the body - if possible eat only alkaline diet, Fast daily before eating if possible for a year, Cleanse the body of toxins and acids with Nze Njoku Herbal Formula (Which also increases oxygen to cells). Feed the body with the right nutrients to repair, rebuild, and strengthen it at a cellular level and watch the body heal itself.

    Some may wonder, how long is one expected to maintain such a diet and what herbs can help you achieve all these within few weeks?

    Nze Njoku Herbal Home provides all the
    answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!