Wednesday, September 1, 2021

September is Beautiful

 Happy    Happy   Happy

Guess what makes me happy!!!


 Yes indeed, the BER months make me happy.

Here in my part of the world the temps will still be hot for a while, but cooler days are almost here.

WooHoo

I just finished my 16th book for the year.


Sometimes, the most perfect families are hiding the most terrible secrets. How well do you know the people next door?

Everybody wants to live on Hogarth Street, the pretty, tree-lined avenue with its white houses. The new family, The Wests, are a perfect fit. Katherine and John seem so in love and their gorgeous five-year-old twins race screeching around their beautiful emerald-green lawn.

I usually don't read thrillers, I broke my own rule and read it anyway.  I will say, it kept me on the edge of my chair!  And the ending, well, it was a total surprise.  It was a good book.

Saturday we'll be going to Merica's fourth birthday party.  Hard to believe she is already 4 years old.  Her Momma calls her a little Texas Tornado, and she is right!!


She is one precious little girl who has blessed our family beyond measure.

A Poem for September!

I watch the World around me

As again I hear nature call,

For it is the end of summertime

And the awakening of a beautiful fall.

The leaves have changed their colors

The skies became icy white,

My heart becomes exceedingly joyful

At Septembers, beautiful sight.

Randy L. McClave

Since I last posted Mr D was in the hospital.  The area around his pacemaker became inflamed and infected.  The pacemaker was removed and he had to have antibiotic IV's for several days.  When the infection was cleared they put a new pacemaker on the opposite shoulder.  Some med adjustments and he seems to be doing well.  We are so thankful to our Lord for all His many blessings.


It's been several months since my last post, it seems I just lost motivation and focus.  I've missed you all and hope I'm back to stay.  Time will tell.

It's good to be back.

Until Next Time









12 comments:

  1. So GOOD Miss Mary to see a post from you. I am so glad to hear good news on Mr. D. Praise the Lord! That little gal is a cutie and I can't believe she will be 4 year old. TIME slow down! Oh I too am looking forward to cooler temps. You never know about the weather in Florida. I have ran the AC all day on Christmas Day just so I could use my fireplace! But I sure am looking forward to some cooler temps. I am through with summer now! That looks like an interesting read. I might need to check that out! Happy Wednesday to you and please take care. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a delight to see your name on my reader! That book sounds like something I'd enjoy for sure. Praise the Lord for modern medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely to see you've posted again. I missed you.
    So good to know Mr. D has gotten over the infection. I'm sure that was quite a concern for a while.
    Have a wonderful rest-of-the-week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, so glad to see you post! Glad to hear your hubby is feeling better. Have fun at the birthday party! My grand daughter's 11th birthday is Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful to see your name pop up on my list of blog posts. What a sweet little girl who looks full of love and laughter.
    It's still pretty warm and humid here and at 1145 pm, I still hear the AC running. But there is a hint of fall in the air if you look and smell hard enough.
    I'm glad to hear your dear husband is feeling better. That's always a concern with our pacemakers isn't it? I've been blessed so far and mine just keeps ticking away when it's supposed to. :-)
    The Lord indeed blesses His people with His love and mercies.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. I'm so glad your hubby is okay now. Your granddaughter is beautiful and happy birthday to her. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see you are here again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary. So glad you are back. I have missed reading your blog. I love the BER in these months. This is cute and I hadn't noticed before that there are actually BERs in the names. grins. I iz slow. Blessings to you. Glad that your husband is doing better. ~d

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so good to see you here again and to catch up! God is so good and praises to Him for your hubby's good procedure and healing! I am looking forward to cooler "ber" temps, too!! Missed you!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!