Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday Four with Annie

 

Monday, June 13, 2022

♬ ♫ Summertime and the Living is Easy. ♩ ♪

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 hosted by Annie! 

This week let's talk about Summertime.

1. What gave you the most fun in summer as a kid or as an adult?  I was always playing outside, from early morning until dusk.  Momma would call us in for lunch and make us stay in for a few hours, then turn us loose again!  Good days for sure.

2. Does summer heat get to you? How do you cope?  Yes, summer days are very hard to be outside.  With my COPD it's hard on my breathing.  But I do manage to sit on the porch in the early mornings and late afternoons.  I love it there.

3.  Do you have summertime foods and drinks you really enjoy eating?   Does your menu change in summer? . Summertime means less baking/roasting because the oven on makes it so hot in the kitchen, even with the a/c on.  And of course we love watermelons, canteloupes and cucumbers in the summertime.  I would say ice tea but we drink that all year round even when it's very cold outside.

4. Do you enjoy sitting outside or on the porch in summertime?  How about some photos of where you enjoy being in summer.  Love porch sitting!


Loved being back in my blog today!  It's been a while.

You can join in here

Until Next Time



15 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, thanks for visiting my blog! Does the humidity help or hurt your COPD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hurts it, causing me to stay inside a lot of the time. Of course that isn't hard with the high temps we're having.

      Delete
  2. How nice to 'see' you, Mary! Yes, when I was a child the best play to be was outside. Funny, I don't remember ever being overly warm. Not like these sticky summer days when I covet central A/C and ceiling fans. Your flowers are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came for a visit today. Thanks for the comment on the flowers, Mr D has been taking care of the plants this year. They seem to like him!

      Delete
  3. It's lovely to see that you posted today. I'm glad that there are cooler mornings that you can enjoy out on the porch. It's my fav. place to be too.
    I think we'll be using our air fryer a lot this summer to avoid using the oven. ( We keep the air fryer out in the garage not only because I don't like having kitchen counters cluttered with appliances but also because they can be noisy). I hope you and Mr. D are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello GM! Mr D and I are doing well, hope the same for you and yours!!!

      Delete
  4. Porch sitting is always the best Mary! My husband drinks ice tea year round, and I always have a cup of hot tea in the afternoons, or evenings. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drink iced tea and hot coffee all year long! Sending blessings back to you!

      Delete
  5. Yay! So glad you are back with us, Mary! I miss seeing you here in blogland! And I love your porch sitting time!! Yes, my childhood was much like yours...outside all day no matter how hot it was. We didn't know it then. LOL. Hope you are doing well. You are a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love having you back in your blog too!! I remember being kept inside in the afternoon on the hottest days by my Gram. I loved summer when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summers were always fun, I have so many precious memories. It's good to be back.

      Delete
  7. I sure was happy to see your post when I checked my blog list tonight. My summer days were much like yours. I used to be outside all day long, even with the high humidity and heat. Now, I stay inside and knit or crochet, only going out in the early morning or evening if possible.
    Your flowers are lovely. I haven't planted much this year. We have an air fryer that I use as much as possible instead of the oven. We've been eating lots of fruits and veggies so far this summer.
    Take care of yourself.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy! We've also been eating a lot of fruit and veggies. I don't have an air fryer but we use the crockpot on hot days. Sending blessings and hugs back to you.

      Delete
  8. I am late getting to your Tuesday post but, even on Wednesday, I sure enjoy seeing you here in blogland again, Mary!! I drink iced tea all year long too. It is my favorite beverage! As kids, we were outside all day too and didn't even go in for lunch sometimes! Supper was 5:00 sharp, though!! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!