Wednesday, June 15, 2022

A Visitor

 I was up early the other morning and decided to have my coffee at the table so I could look out my big kitchen window that looks out to the front yard.  I seldom do this, my morning coffee is usually on the porch or in front of the tv watching the morning news.

As I looked out the window I got a big surprise, I saw a little head bobbing up and down in the ditch thats runs in front of the house.  "What is that" I thought and got up for a closer look, and then I ran for my camera.

When I returned my visitor was beginning to walk down the street . . .he had a full belly after having his breakfast from our ditch. lol

 

I was trying to be so very quiet when I opened the front door, but I must have startled him.

We do live very close to the bay, but in all the years we've lived here this is the first time I've seen one at our house.   

When left alone with nature
All the world seems far away
And the woes of life so trivial
When wrapped in her embrace.

But alas the birds awaken
And begin to sing their songs,
And people slowly wander by
And nod as they go on.

(From the poem Renewed By Morning Light by Patricia A. Fleming)

I love nature.

Pamela Steiner, I thought of you that morning. 😊

Until Next Time



5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful vision to find first thing in the morning. We had wild storms all night long, peppered throught with tornado and thunderstorm warnings. We're moving very slowly today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Mary!!! How wonderful! And thank you for thinking of ME! Maybe it was me incognito! Just passing by to say hello! LOL. I wish I could! I'm trying to figure out what kind of bird that is. Do you know? I love that he chose your front street to walk down! He was one of God's little messengers sent to brighten your day!! I love this. Thank you for thinking of me as well...and oh, that poem is perfect!!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely way to start the day!! Was it a heron by any chance?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!