Sunday, August 7, 2022

Sunday Stealing

 


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!


1.  What would you like people to know about your mother?

Momma was an excellent cook and very dedicated to her family.  She was so small, 5'2 and 98 lbs soaking wet.  Eventho she never worked outside the home, she was a hard worker and kept her home spic and span.  She was the best cook, and we always had a hot meal on the table.  If you came for a visit she would insist you come to the table for a meal.  My Daddy was a heavy duty operator (drove the super big tractors) and he wore a suit of clean, starched and ironed khakies to work every day, thanks to Momma.  She was a little spitfire. :)


My MoM, Ms. Bayshore Senior, 2008. She was 94 at the time and could still tell you what to do in a heartbeat!!  She lived to be 100 and She's now in heaven with my DaD and the Lord, exactly where she wants to be

2.  What would you like people to know about your father?

My Daddy was also a hard worker.  He was gentle and kind.  Tough when he had to be, he took no guff from anyone, but he was also a very sweet guy.  He was so precious to me, he lived to be 92 years, he died in 2000 and there is still not a day that I don't think of him.


3.  What was your childhood bedroom like?

I had a very small bedroom, but it was mine and I loved the privacy it provided.  The only girl with 3 brothers, yep, I needed a hide-away.  I had a full size bed, a large window and nice dresser.


4.  What was your favorite activity as a child?

I loved to play hide and seek with the neighborhood kids, we had so much fun.  I played jacks and got pretty good at it, I also enjoy Pick Up Stix.


5.  What was high school like for you?

Fun, fun, fun.  I loved high school.  I was class secretary my sophmore year, I was in the Chatos (drill team), I was in choir and on the school newspaper staff and I dated Mr. D!!


6.  Write about your cousins.

My favorite cousin, Mary Jim, and I had so much fun together.  One year we took the train from Houston, where I lived, to Dallas where she lived all my ourselves.  We thought we were big stuff. :)  So much fun.


7.  What was your favorite food as a child?

Anything my mother put on the table.  As I said, she was such a good cook.


8.  What was your most memorable birthday?

I don't really have one, they were all nice but pretty much the same.


9.  What world events were significant to you as a child?

I didn't know a thing about world events when I was a child.  I remember Dwight Eisenhower was president.


10. What did a typical day look like as a child?

School, homework, play outside, supper, tv, bed.

11. Write about your grandparents.

I only new my Granny, who was my Daddy's mother.  The rest of my grandparents died before I was born.  I did have an Aunt Genie who was really my great aunt, but she seemed like my grandmother.  When I was about 5 we lived with my Granny for a short time, she didn't have inside plumbing, I remember the outhouse.  ew-uuuuu



12. Did you move as a child?

Many times because of my dad's job.


13. Who taught you to drive?

A boy named Johnny.


14. Which job has been your favorite?

After retiring as AVP of our small local bank I managed a storage facility here in town.  I loved that job, nothing like being your own boss, for the most part anyway.


15. What was the best part of your 30s?

Raising my children. 💓  The best years of all.


Until Next Time






4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed learning more about you and your family! This was fun!! Have a great week ahead, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this was great, Mary! I learned a lot about you from this one. I don't usually do these on Sunday, but this one is tempting. You had some great family members and memories. Yes, raising our children during our 30's was special. Actually for me, it was 20's and 30's and some into the 40's. But they were all very special years that I wouldn't trade for anything. Wish I could so of it over...I might do some things a bit better, but we did the best we could with what we had to work with. God is good. I loved reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers and learning more about you. Take care and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers too. I had three older brothers and I was the youngest for over 10 years. Then in her 40's Mom had 2 more babies ( girls).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!