Sunday, January 22, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Chat

 ATTENTION !

Tea drinkers welcome!


Coffee Trivia

  According to legend, where in the world did people begin to consume coffee? -  Ethiopia, in the 9th century. The legend says that a goatherd, named Khaldi, observed that his goats had lots more energy after nibbling the coffee berries, and so used them to make a reinvigorating drink.

When coffee arrived in Europe in the 16th century, the church called for it to be banned, labeling the drink ‘satanic’. 

This Day in History

On January 23, 1957, machines at the Wham-O toy company roll out the first batch of their aerodynamic plastic discs—now known to millions of fans all over the world as Frisbees.

Monday's Thought

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,

you can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds. 

Monday's Quote

 “There are many opportunities in every single day, and Monday is the perfect day to seize them all.” 

Isabella Koldras

Around Town

We are getting a Dutch Bros Coffee!

Dutch Bros Coffee is a drive-through coffee chain headquartered in Grants Pass, Oregon, with company-owned and franchise locations throughout the United States.

I have never heard of this company, I hope it's good.  

Family News

Henry is growing like a weed!

He will be 5mos old on the 31st.

Today's Scripture

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

I am so thankful that Hazel and Henry have godly parents,
 teaching them about the Love of God.

Until Next Time









15 comments:

  1. Interesting info about coffee and frisbees and all. Love to see pictures of your sweet great-grands. Henry is a sweetheart! What a joy and delight! Happy Monday Morning. I'm having my tea now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, informative post :) And Henry is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a new Follower and returning blogger after a long absence. I LOVE this post, it's superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hello, thanks for your visit. Please leave your blog address and I will visit you!

      Delete
  4. I cant function without my morning cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same for me! Nothing like the first sip each morning!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I'd love to hug on your sweet Henry! I need more coffee mugs like I need another hole in my head ... but your rooster cup's sure captured my fancy. "The best part of waking up is xxx (fill in the blank) in my cup!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, it's Maxwell House. Not, I want Folgers in my cup. :)

      Delete
  6. Coffee was once regarded as satanic by the church? I'm so glad it didn't stay banned. How could I start my day if I didn't have coffee ( even though it's mostly decaf). GM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Henry is growing like a weed. Well, I for one am so glad we have coffee! Oh my! I am afraid I wouldn't be useful to no one or myself without it! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post.
    I don't drink coffee but do like tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the coffee place is good too! Dutch sounds coffee-ish somehow.. not sure why. Henry looks like a big boy. Yes, its wonderful to know parents love the Lord and how good that is for little ones. A real blessing!! So glad you are blogging more. I enjoy your posts so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Henry! Those cheeks just beg to be kissed!! I enjoyed your post, Mary! Interesting tid-bits!! Have a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Henry is so sweet. My goodness the little ones grow so quickly. Our one grandson loves Dutch Bros. They are building one very close to our house and he is excited as he lives around the corner from us with his little phamily. We have visited them but know they are quite popular. There are lots of coffee shops all around. People love their caffeine. Great post Mary! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!