Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tuesday 4

Home Sweet Home

a 1939 Living Room
 Welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4
where we hope you will stretch your mind, your imagination and your friendships online by sharing a bit of yourself with others.

This week the subject is Your Home .

1. What kind of home do you have and does it need repair or improvements this year?

I would love to have new floors through out the house.  We'll probably just do our bedroom for now.  I also want to do some inside painting, things just need an uplift.


2. How do you accessorize your home inside and out?    Plants, art, books, wall hangings, maybe music in the background?

Mr D always kept our yard well manicured, now we have someone that comes once a week.  We have shrubs and I usually have a lot of pot plants on the porch.  I don't do flower beds any more because I'm not able to keep them maintained.  The inside of our home is old fashioned I guess, but I like it that way.  I still have doilies and crochet here and there and a lot of things around that give me pleasure.  There are family pictures here and there, I love seeing them as I walk through my home.  I keep a quilt draped over my couch and have some folded in my entertainment cabinet, it has glass doors so they can be seen.

3. What objects reside on your coffee table? Night stand? Side tables? Kitchen/Dining table?   

 I have  a small coffee table, there is a very old covered casserole dish and a few books.  Night stands, they are loaded.  I keep kleenex, my pill case, water, clock, hand lotion, phone, remote and a lamp!  We have a large night stand. :)

1940's Kitchen

4.  Do you like your kitchen organized and with counters cleared off or do you prefer to have out the things you use often?     Do you mind  what some might see as clutter or do you hate having to dig out tools and appliances  when it comes time to use them? and prefer to have them within easy reach?

Christmas 2021

I really keep too much out on my counters, it's just the way I am!!  I love pretty coffee mugs, teacups, and other decor and I like them where I can see them.  I'm still sure to leave enough space for it to be a functional kitchen.


Join in all the fun HERE.

Thank you Annie for hosting Tuesday 4 :)

Until Next Time



12 comments:

  1. I love to keep everything where I can see it too, much to the chagrin of my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My home is a fixer upper in the way that everything needs to be updated or replaced, but it's not falling apart. We are doing one area at a time, as money and manpower allow.
    My style is cottage decor, with lots of color. I don't like bare walls, so I have pictures and art work everywhere (my art is mostly from Hobby Lobby :)

    I love my items all out on the counter top, if it's something I use daily. We don't have a coffee table, but my nightstand has a lamp, my iPad, some flowers and inside I keep my some essential oils that I use on my hands at night. We do have several end tables in the living room and I keep a basket of my favorite magazines, so I can sit, drink coffee and read a little bit each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer a fixer upper to a new home. They seem to have more character, more warmth about them.

      Delete
  3. I think your house sounds very nice and your kitchen is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old fashioned sounds lovely, Mary. I get so cross watching HGTV make-over shows that leave rooms looking sparse and soul-less. For years my mother and grandmother's doilies have lay forgotten in the hope chest; I need to think of some way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home sounds homey and cozy and welcoming.I love old fashioned items...they make the house feel more homey. I love your kitchen and your table looks so pretty too. The main thing is to live there and enjoy it with the ones you love. That's what makes the house a home. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your home is quite lovely. I love seeing everyone's ideas and styles. Thank you for stopping by. I am happy to know you here Mary. My sis is Mary too so I will not forget you. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old fashioned is wonderful. I have a lot of red in my kitchen too. I think the little touches like doilies and things make it a home. My grandma did the fillet crochet and I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'd feel right at home here in my place. I have lots of crocheted doilies and family photos all around. GM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is gorgeous! I absolutely love it. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still use crocheted doilies and table runners. They give me a sense of comfort and peace. I love your style!! This is a fun Tuesday 4!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!