Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 A few of my 'thankfuls' for today.

It's always nice to have my morning coffee in a pretty new teacup.  My latest teacup gift from Tammy.  That girl is so good to her Momma!  Not only was the coffee good, but talking to the Lord was extra good.  Our Father Who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name❤.



Most of you know how much I love porchsitting.  

Well, here I am, 

on my swing, 

on the porch,

 loving life!


Just a swangin' and thanking the Good Lord for such a good day.


Thankful list . . . 

Coffee in a teacup

Tammy

The Lord's Prayer

 Porch

Swing

Able to sit on the porch and swing. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm thankful for poems . . . 



When the scale tells me I’ve not gained a pound

When my glasses or phone or keys have been found,

When the cop pulls me over but spares me the ticket

When my ice cream cone drips and I get to lick it,

When I read the obituaries and don’t know a soul,

When the car just ahead of me pays for my toll,

When my pants can fit without sucking my gut in๐Ÿ˜€

When I’m on the dance floor and a man asks to cut in,

When it’s time for a movie and I get to choose it,

When I cut out the coupon and remember to use it.

Everyone understands the worth

Of a big celebration: a marriage, a birth

But moments of joy, too many to mention

Brighten each day, when we just pay attention.

By Eileen Hession


Thank You Lord

For the birds that sing,

Thank You Lord

For everything.




Until Next Time



10 comments:

  1. Great photo! I'm loving this poem -- sooooo true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thankful post. I too enjoy porch sitting. I sat out there this afternoon and knitted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Thank you Lord for everything!! Loved the poem you shared and love seeing you enjoying your porch!! Have a blessed weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem. I was so sure you had written it then I came to the end and found you hadn't. Great picture of you porchsitting. I do a lot of that too. My boys pop in to see me and first place they look is on the porch.
    I like your pretty new cup. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved the photo of you porch sitting. I would love to be sitting on our porch like we were last week, but right now the humidity is 87% which makes it a bit miserable there. Thankfully, the Lord has also provided a beautiful place for me to sit inside and rock and think about His blessings in my life. Beautiful poem too.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing to be grateful...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful poem. I definitely need to remember that. Hope you have a great weekend and that you get some more swangin' in. Love that picture as you look so very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!