Friday, November 3, 2023

 I promised myself I would not get into Christmas until after Thanksgiving, it's just the way it should be done. 

 (only my opinion)

But other factors come along and best intentions go awry.

Just look what my sweet Peggy posted on her facebook page!




Here's the guilty culprit, Sweet Peg.

Explanation: There is a Christmas tree lot that has been operating in our area for many years, going back to when our kids were still living at home.  This lot always sets up in early November and everyone knows when they see the big blow-ups that trees are on the  way.  When Peggy drove by the other day she couldn't control her excitement, seeing those blow-ups was confirmation that the holiday season is here.  I always enjoy seeing them too.  BUT, my promise of no Christmas until December sure went out the window when I saw her pictures.  

HO, HO, HO and Jingle Bells.

Then lo and behold, I received a new Charles Wysocki puzzle, the picture, a Christmas Train and Station.

I couldn't resist and spent most of the day yesterday putting it together!

 
I myself am made entirely of flaws,
stitched together with good intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

Good intentions are no substitute for obedience.
Norman Vincent Peale

Okay, I'm going to back up and remember Thanksgiving comes first.


Our family Thanksgiving will be at Peggy's this year.  She has just remodeled her home making much more room, which is great because there is a lot of us!!




Giving thanks always to our Lord.

Blessings to All
Until Next Time




16 comments:

  1. Those blow up figures certainly stand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺♥ - Yes they do, you can see them from a good ways back.

      Delete
  2. I loved this post, and also your determination to put Thanksgiving first! I know a little bit of Christmas starts creeping in earlier and earlier each year, especially in all the stores. But I am also determined to keep the "Thanksgiving Spirit" alive and well for the month of November and then when the turkey and pilgrim salt and pepper shakers are put away, we can let Christmas begin! LOL. Have a blessed November/Thanksgiving! And yes, I will remember to change my clock, even though I wish they'd stop this nonsense!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would stop this nonsense too!! Have a great day☺♥

      Delete
  3. I agree that Christmas shouldn't begin until after Thanksgiving but I'm SO glad our Canadian Thanksgiving occurs in October,,,early October ❤❤❤.
    I like your new puzzle. I wonder if you'll finish it today. GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice puzzle. I like that one. I haven't been working on the one we have set out on the table. Just got the border done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I think there's plenty of room in your heart for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem that Thanksgiving gets forgotten each year. I do like the blow-ups though and your puzzle is really cute. Our son, DIL and granddaughter will be here from London for Thanksgiving and I can't wait to get my hands on that baby!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺♥ Nothing in the world like the love we have for our sweet babies.

      Delete
  7. Christmas is my Favorite holiday, hands down! My "skinny" tree is already up and almost completely decorated. I celebrate Jesus...and have never felt any guilt about getting my trees up early. Thanksgiving, for me, is about knowing just how blessed we are for all we have. simple. We'll have a luncheon here on the 18th with all the kids. The true history of Thanksgiving is really a sad affair.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left my skinny tree up all year, I just removed the Christmas decorations and left the lights. Now, all I have to do is put the Christmas back on!!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Mary! I can't fully turn the corner on Christmas until Thanksgiving is over, but after that...I'm in! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺♥ - Hope you have a great weekend too, It's such a pretty day out there!!

      Delete
  9. Hi Mary, I enjoyed my visit this morning! I have a 7 foot slimline tree that I keep up all year and decorate it seasonally. It has fall on it now. I start decorating the family room a week before Thanksgiving. Then I do the rest of the house after Thanksgiving. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!