Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Thursday Thoughts

  I have been making scripture cards about thankfulness, which I took from one of my scripture writing plans, and posting one a day on facebook.  It's a little thing that I enjoy, and it's putting God's Word out there for all to see.  Maybe they will touch someone's heart.





Just a few of my favorites.


For the past few years Denney's has had pumpkin pancakes on their menu this time of year. Mr D and I were reminded of this fact when we saw a Denney's commercial and decided a trip to Denney's was in order.  Today was the day, off to Denney's we went, all ready to enjoy those scrumptious pancakes only to discover our Denney's don't have them this year.   WHAT??  I sure was disappointed.  Mr D enjoyed the  9 grain pancakes instead and  I opted for eggs, sunny side up with toast and bacon.  All wasn't lost, we enjoyed our meal and getting out of the house for a while.  We had a nice sunny day, a good day for a ride about town.

 Pumpkin Pancakes


You will need:

Large Skillet or griddle
Large mixing bowl
Whisk
Spatula

Ingredients:
Pancake Mix -  Use the "original recipe" flavored mix for this recipe. The buttermilk mix dulls the pumpkin spice flavor.
Brown sugar - Adds sweetness, browning, and brings out the flavor of the pumpkin and spices.
Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)- use canned pumpkin puree.  
Water
Vanilla extract
Pumpkin pie spice
Vegetable oil - To prevent the pancakes from sticking.

In a large bowl, add the pancake mix. Make a well in the center of the mix and add the brown sugar, pumpkin, water, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and vegetable oil.

Use a whisk to mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk the pumpkin mixture until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or a little butter to a 10" skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat.

Once heated, spoon ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the hot skillet. I can usually fit about three pancakes in my 10" cast iron skillet.

Cook over medium heat for two minutes until the edges of the pancakes have started to set and bubble. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another two minutes on the other side until fluffy, golden brown, and cooked through.

FYI - I haven't tested this recipe, although it sounds very good.  I was just thinking about missing out on the pumpkin pancakes from Denney's and thought maybe I would make my own.  



Blessings to All
Until Next Time





7 comments:

  1. I do enjoy pancakes, but I dont enjoy pumpkin! I'll stay with ordinary ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder Why they no longer serve them?! Did the server say?
    Thanks for the recipe!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scriptures of thanksgiving. I hope you have a wonderful day, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sure sounds tasty -- but Tom's not fond of pumpkin, darn it. I love eggs sunnyside up, if someone ELSE is manning the griddle and knows what he's doing. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thanksgiving scriptures are lovely.
    My favorite pancakes are chocolate chip ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry you were disappointed about the pumpkin pancakes, but it sounds like you made up for it and still had a lovely time and ride, etc. I'm not sure I would like pumpkin pancakes. I tend to be a traditionalist about pancakes, except for when it comes to adding blueberries...that's my favorite! The recipe sounds good, but a lot of work! LOL. I prefer to go out to eat pancakes when I do have them anymore. I love your scripture cards that you've been posting on FB. They are very nicely done and very inspirational. Thank you for doing that each day. You are a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Mary. Thank you!! We serve such an awesome God!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!