Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Wednesday Wisdom

 



There's within my heart a melody
Jesus whispers sweet and low:
Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still,
in all of life's ebb and flow.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
sweetest name I know,
fills my every longing,
keeps me singing as I go.


Our dear blogger friend Pam at Closed Doors Open Windows posted this little 54321exercise on her blog the other day.  She found it at her friend Aritha's blog, Moments Frozen in Time.  I like things like this so now I'm going to share . . . 
here's my 54321 exercise.

See five things : 
Name five things in your environment that you can see. Pay attention to the details of these objects.
1. Television
2. Sun shining outside
3. String of Christmas lights hanging under my bar
(I leave them there all year.)
4. The swing on the back porch.
5. My oxygen machine.


Feeling four things : 
Name four things you can feel right now, such as the texture of your clothes, the air on your skin or the ground under your feet.
1. The softness of my new Afghan.
2. The laptop in my lap.
3. The air from the ceiling fan.
4. The warmth on my back from my heating pad.

Hearing three things: 
Identify three sounds around you. Maybe it's sounds from the environment, such as birdsong or traffic.
1. Mr D talking on the phone.
2. The soft hum of the oxygen machine.
3. The chimes of the clock sounding 3:00pm.

Smell two things: 
Name two smells you notice whether they are subtle or strong.
1. My dogbabies, they need a bath!
2. Coffee brewing.

Tasting one thing: 
Consider what you are tasting at that moment or, if you don't taste anything, think about your last meal and try to remember that taste."
1. I'm not tasting anything right now so I'm thinking of the pudding we had for dessert after lunch.

Until Next Time






13 comments:

  1. Hi Mary :) That was fun to read. And that hymn is one of my favorites! I hope you have a wonderful week. We might see some ice next week! Stay cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'll be singing that hymn all day, thanks. It is one we sing often at church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed the sweet sign on your header and had to smile -- my coffee cup reads, "Gather Together." Isn't that a fun exercise? I've not enjoyed a dish of pudding in so long. That was the first thing I learned to 'cook' on my grandmother's stove-top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when you cooked pudding, now that's going back in time. I'm so glad there is now instant pudding, makes life is so much easier. lol

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful song. I haven't heard it in years. I read Pamela's 54321 exercise too. Very fun reading both of your answers.
    Hope you have a lovely day.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 54321 exercise! So fun to just write about the things that are happening in your world right now! I hope you are enjoying cozy days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun 54321!! I love your beginning and agree that Jesus is the sweetest name!! It is always a blessing when I visit with you here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, I was just thinking about the 54321 questions. I might have to do that in the future. I like your blogger look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!