Monday, May 20, 2024

Tuesday 4


Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4, Annie is our hostess with the mostess!
Thank you Annie♥

Books are such a big part of many people's lives. Maybe we should talk about that.

1. Do you have some books in your home?  If so what subjects are they?  Which is your favorite.
Yes, I have books!!  I love them!!
I have a lot of biblical study books, some Christian self-help books, fiction books, poems, quotes and the list goes on.  I have the complete set of the Left Behind Series in hardback, just one of my many favorites. Oh, I almost forgot, The Mitford Series by Jan Karon and my best friend, Father Tim♥.

2. Do you enjoy browsing around in bookstores ? Do you have a favorite you like to go to?
Yes I do, my problem is always which book do I want the most.  I like Mardel's and Barnes & Noble.

3. Do you think real books are clutter or do you just love having them around you?
Books certainly aren't clutter in my eyes.  I love my books.

4. What is the oldest book you've read and what is the newest book you've read or are reading.
I guess the oldest book I've read is the Bible,  newest is a series by Dianne Harman, The Ozarks Cozy Mystery Series.   These books are very easy and enjoyble, a great way to pass the time when you are unable to do much.




If you hold onto God with one hand and have a book in the other, you'll never be alone.

Play along with Tuesday 4 by clicking HERE!

Until Next Time




20 comments:

  1. I've still got most of my Bible study books. Occasionally I like to open a random page and see what notes I've written which resonated.
    Love Jan Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers. I loved the Jan Karon Mitford series and had all of them until I gave them away. Now I wish I still had them! LOL. But I can always check them out at the library. Yes, I have lots of Christian nonfiction and fiction, but mostly nowadays I just check books out at the library rather than buy them. I don't do e-books. And yes, I keep my Bible Study books too. They make good reference material! I haven't done this meme yet for today, so I guess I need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done ebooks but I prefer the real thing!! I go to the library too, it's just 2 blocks from our home!

      Delete
  3. Books are a big part of my life. I've always loved to read.
    We have a wonderful library in my little town and don't know what I'd do without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so many books and have in the past months taken box after box to the thrift store. I have to downsize but getting rid of my old friends has not been easy. I don't think of books as clutter, not if they're books we have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on books. Enjoyed your answer. Ha e a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little poems you've shared. I also agree that reading is a wonderful pastime and books are great companions, especially when we are limited in activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Mitford Series!! I read the first eight of Left Behind. Also very good, but I liked Mitford better! I like Cozy Mysteries, too. Annie gave us another fun Tuesday4 and I enjoyed your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on book 12 of the Left Behind series. Do you know that after they completed the series, they went back and wrote 3 prequels to the series. Mostly about Carpathia and Rayford, their childhood and growing years. Very interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know about the prequels, just never got around to reading them. I don't even know why !!

      Delete
  9. Everyone loves the Mitford books. I read one and didn't like it after a few chapters but I keep telling myself to try again because a few chapters isn't a good try really. I'd like to read the Miss Reed series too. Thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the main character in the Mitford Series, I feel like Father Tim is real.....my mind takes me away sometimes! lol

      Delete
  10. Oh Mary, I will never part with my Jan Karon collection either. I think I have the cookbook too. Father Tim was like a best friend we all need. Thank you for this. I sure enjoyed reading your answers and seeing all the memes about books. I am a book lover. Have a blessed day and a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. Kinda late this week in commenting. yikes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!