Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Tuesday 4

 Taco Tuesday

 Hey there... Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4, hosted by Annie!

Taco Tuesday was coined by a Taco John's owner back in 1980 when he needed to jack up sales for Tuesday the slowest day of the week.   His franchise began offering 2 tacos for 99¢.  It was a huge hit and Taco Tuesday became a big hit in America.  But it's original name was Taco Twos Day.

Could we look at Tuesday a bit?

1. Do you take part in this nationwide ritual and have tacos on Tuesday or do you like them any old time?

I have tacos any old time!  They are very popular in my part of the world.

2. This particular Taco John's was in Wyoming.  Does your state have a favorite fast food place and do you like eating there?

I guess that would be Taco Bell, I prefer Pepe's or Gringos.  We have a lot of Mexican/TexMex restaurants, there are 8 in my little town, and many more close by.  Even our Dairy Queen serves tacos♥

3. Taco Tuesday was trademarked in 1989 in 49 states except New Jersey where the Gregory Hotel owns that trademark.  Taco Bell wants to sue over the use of the term.  What do you think about that?

Not knowing all the facts I don't think I can answer this question.

4. How do you like your tacos? Soft or hard shell? Hot, medium or mild salsa? Cheese? Sour cream?

Although hard shell are really the best, I prefer soft shell simply because all the stuffing doesn't fall out as easily.  I'll take mine with all the fixins' - medium salsa, cheese and sour cream, and of course lettuce and tomato♥

The GLOW Ladies love tacos!

Here we are at Pepe's, our favorite place to go!

He we are at El Toro's, also a great place to eat.

 You can join in the fun by clicking HERE!

Did I tell ya how much I love a good Taco? ♥

Until Next Time








8 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of you and your friends. We eat more soft tacos now, mostly because they are easier to make and a bit healthier. Have a great week, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tood the kids to the airport yesterday and stopped at La Mesa, our favorite Mexican restaurant, on the way home. I didn't have tacos though, I chose fajitas and then had the leftovers for dinner. Dennis had a chimichanga.
    I do love tacos too though. I like both hard and soft shells, but usually choose soft for the same reason you do. No salsa for me though as I have a hard time with spices.
    I probably wouldn't comment on the lawsuit either except to say that Americans are known the world over for being lawsuit happy and I think that's sad.
    I hope your Tuesday is a wonderful one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you're making me homesick for some 'real' Mexican food. I love hard shell tacos, but it seems the feelings not reciprocal when they split and erupt their goodness all over me. HOT salsa, please ... with lots of sour cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We eat tacos quite often and I like then way. Hard shell, soft shell and wrapped in a burrito shell. We make our own at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any Mexican food is a hit with me. I love it all. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tacos are good any time.. and you do live in the heart of Mexican food really. I love photos of my friends having a good time so thanks for sharing,. I wish we had something like Glow here. Maybe there is and I just don't know about it. Thanks for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want tacos now!! You and your friends look fabulous in the photos!! I love your GLOW group!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like hard shells, but not when everything spills out. i like them warmed in the oven so they are nice and crisp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!