Friday, June 3, 2016

Autumn Leaf

Once upon a time, long ago and far away, I had a few pieces of Jewell Tea's Autumn Leaf design dishes.  They were a treasure because some of my collection was my mother's.  When we downsized in 2007 my collection was packed away and stored in a storage unit we had rented.  When we emptied that unit my box of Autumn Leaf was nowhere to be found.  The only thing I could think that might have happened was in all the confusion of the move it was taken to Goodwill by mistake.  Needless to say, I was upset.

I had a blessing in disguise a few days ago when our air conditioning went out.  When the repairmen were in the attic working, Mr D was up there with them.  When he came down he asked me if I knew there was a box up there labeled
"Autumn Leaf."

I just dropped what I was doing and stared at him. When the shock was over I was doing a happy dance.  All this time my little collection was in the attic.  Now who put it up there? 


Here it is, all unpacked and waiting to be washed. 
Happy ~ Happy ~ Happy


All washed and looking pretty on the hutch. 
The nesting bowls and salt and pepper shakers were Momma's. The other pieces I picked up while out junkin'.



“Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
    come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
    without money and without cost.
Isaiah 55:1


This verse is such a comforting one.  God meets our needs, the needs of our body and the yearnings of our heart.  We don't need to be wealthy or wise or distinguished for Him to care about us.  When we come to Him in humility, He blesses us with abundant love.

Today I'm linking with Deb at Breathing in Grace

Until Next Time
God is so Good!




11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty collection! I'm so glad you found it in your attic. I would have been heart broken to have lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you to have found the treasure that you thought was lost forever! I love surprises like that. And I also love that Scripture. It's free! He invites! We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love that collection, Mary. I have moved my blog and I hope you join me over there...smiles

    https://justsimplylinda.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to find your lost treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's beautiful. I'm pretty sure that's the pattern that my "ex" sis-in-law's Mother owned. I remember seeing it at her house once time and thought it was so pretty. I'm sooooo glad you found it. Isn't it just awesome how God works? Romans 8:28....ALL things work together for good to those who love the Lord....even broken air conditioning. LOL Thanks for joining today...have a wonderful weekend, my precious Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn Leaf is a very pretty pattern. It's wonderful that it turned up right there at your house. It's always such a great feeling to find something that you thought had been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you that your precious treasures were found, safe and sound!! They look beautiful on display in your dining room!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing to find your china again, it certainly is pretty.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it when there is an unexpected surprise! I do love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool that you found them. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!