Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman Daybook by Peggy!!
Link HERE!

For Today




Looking out my window
I see a beautiful day!


I am thinking

What can I do to enjoy this beautiful day!

I am thankful
For the beauty of nature, God has given us so much to enjoy.

One of my favorite things

Today, during this shut down of life, one of my favorite things is the videos my granddaughter shares of her children.

I am creating

A mess!! Trying to rearrange some storage areas, why oh why did I start that?!

I am wearing


Pajamas, navy blue with white polka dots and pink flowers.

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to

My Bible, I'm watching good old movies and I'm listening to 105.7fm on my radio. Not all at the same time, but throughout the day.

I am hoping

I hope to be with my family some day very soon. Because of my COPD they have been so protective of me.....but I am so ready to be with them.

I am learning

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I do learn new things. I don't think you can go through life and not learn something new everyday.

In my kitchen
Is a very large window by our table where I can sit and enjoy the outside. I love it!

In my garden

My garden is just pot plants on my porch. I can't do much gardening these days, but I can keep the pot plants watered and growing. Porch sitting is one of my favorite things to do and it's nice to have pretty flowers around me.



Post Script


I love to sit on the porch and enjoy the flowers.



Shared Quote


I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth?

Edward Giobbi


“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn


“Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.” – Luther Burbank


A moment from my day
Yep, a moment (lots of moments) in the day of the Covid 19 shutdown!!

Closing Notes



Until Next Time


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this-thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. You home looks so comfy and cozy. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading this post today Miss Mary and girl. I love those socks! YES! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "plant your own garden" quote. Why wait for someone else? Have a great day :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Deb, your home looks so welcoming. I'm besotted (yep) with the red gingham curtains and pops of color in the family room. I may want to do something like that to cover the place where our dishwasher used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that was really nice. I enjoyed that visit with you so much. Love seeing your feet/socks propped up as you recline and enjoy a good program on TV. I love your kitchen table/window area. That is so cheery and bright. I love your flowers on your patio. You have some lovely pots of plants. They are easier to take care of for sure. I really enjoyed this. Feels like I just sat down and visited with you in your home. Thank you. That was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you got that storage arranged to your liking. Sometimes we start a chore and it turns out to be such a pain that we regret ever starting it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everyone's safe and staying safe. I just read that the virus is mutating and getting much more dangerous. I don't want to alarm anyone but it's time to get right with God, cause this is getting downright scary! Stay home and stay safe, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful post. Your home is so pretty and welcoming. I love your plants, too. Mildred

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!