Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday Foto Friends

FRIDAY
and time for
Friday Foto Friends

Come on over and join in the fun!

Going to share a hodgepodge of things today!

The first thing I saw when walking into Walmart yesterday.
 I love it!!  I want it!!
I don't need it!!
We just bought a couple of new chairs for the patio last fall, so I was strong and walked right on by...after I took the picture.

 I love Emma's big smile showing her first lost tooth and her new green framed glasses.  You can probably see in the pictures I share of these girls that Ava is quiet and reserved while Emma is the life of the party!  

I didn't take this picture, I found it on the internet.  It is Main Street in my little town. What was once dress shops, shoe stores, dime stores and drug stores are now antique/junk stores and a few novelty stores. There's also one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants, El Ranchero, or as Mr D calls  it, The Ranch!

Our hometown merchants just couldn't compete with the malls.
😢😢😢

Until Next Time

Prayer gives strength to the weak, 
faith to the fainthearted and courage to the fearful.





16 comments:

  1. I love small towns, and shopping in them. Emma's glasses are so cute on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small towns, and shopping in them. Emma's glasses are so cute on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your pictures especially the one of the girls. I prefer small towns to the big cities any day. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures-so cute-thank you for avoiding politics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your header Mary. Your granddaughters are so adorable! God bless them. Here it's just the opposite as the Malls are closing most of their stores. The open shopping plazas are doing great. The bigger well known stores and restaurants are in the plazas now. Up the line (35 miles above me) in Albany and Colonie NY The Malls are tremendous and doing great. I'm not a lover of Malls myself. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma and Ava remind me of our two granddaughters...as opposite as can be but they are the best of friends. I know what you mean about how the hometown stores couldn't compete with the mall because it was the same in the town close to us. But now the major stores in the malls are closing and the mall is becoming empty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such adorable little girls. You are so blessed to have them near!! What cuties! I love the patio set...that would be cute on anyone's patio...but I don't like metal chairs as they get too hot... Small towns have really suffered because of malls and highways that bypassed the downtowns. Some are making comebacks like you said, with thrift stores and other kinds of businesses. Malls are closing and big box stand alone stores seem to do better. I miss the little downtown shopping places. That is how I grew up and it was so friendly and much safer. But then again, everything was much safer back then. Times have changed. Have a blessed weekend. Happy to see your teddy bear still at the top as I told my blogging friends to come look at it today in my post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried so hard to get my header picture to post as a comment on your facebook post...just wouldn't do it...don't know why, I've never had a problem before. Sometimes I think facebook goes looney tooney!! lol

      Delete
  8. The girls are both absolutely adorable and I love the looks of your small town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute girls! Such a sweet photo.
    And now the malls are dying out! I hope down towns make a comeback. Those were better days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet patio set, sweet girls, and a sweet little town! Thanks for sharing!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always happy when small towns make a comeback in their 'downtown' areas. Thirty years ago, Lakeland was deserted downtown and now it is vibrant and thriving. A good restaurant is a good start!! Those two little girls are adorable and I love those chairs and matching table too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's sad that little towns have to resort to different things to bring in tourists, but many are quite successful, as it seems yours is. Those smiles are just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!