Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday Stealing

The Ask Game




From our host Bev Sykes of the blog Funny the World". . 
Welcome to Sunday Stealing.



1. Do you have a passion project? What is it?

I do, I can't get enough of Bible Prophecy. I absolutely love it and will read anything that comes my way on the subject. I am subscribed to a Prophecy magazine by Ed Hindson and look forward to receiving it each month.

2. How many languages can you speak?

Only one, English with a southern accent!

3. What was the last book you read?

Fixing My Eyes on Jesus by Ann Graham Lotz

4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?

I've got two that are equally interesting to me. I love English History and would love to visit England, and be able to stay a while. And I would love to go to the Holy Lands, it would be so interesting to see the places mentioned in the Bible, and to walk where Jesus walked,  that would be very emotional for me.


5. Top 5 fictional characters? 


Marshall Dillon and Festus come to mind, we watch Gunsmoke every night. Father Tim in Jan Karon's 'The Mitford Series' and I really liked Buck in 'The Left Behind Series.' Can you believe I still think of Father Tim and Buck as real people. 


I also loved Pollyanna.  I never tire of watching that movie.


6. Something you miss from your childhood?

 Sitting down to supper with Momma and Daddy and all three of my brothers. 

7. What skill do you wish you had?

I would love to be able to sing, something I absolutely cannot do. Most of the time I just move my lips when singing Happy Birthday to someone, that way I don't hurt anyone's ears!  lol

8. Tell us an interesting fact
This is my great, great grandfather, Uncle Billie Killough.  He is known in Texas History as 'Child of the Massacre.'  His story is very interesting, you can find it here.  It's a very sad, yet courageous story.

9. What was your favorite subject in school?

I loved school and made good grades. I don't think I can pick a favorite, all subjects were my favorite.

10. Favorite planet?

Earth of course, it's home. It must be God's favorite too, because it's the planet He chose to put mankind.


11. Which historical figure fascinates you and why?

Queen Elizabeth, not because I think she is more special than anyone else, it's because  she represents so much history.  As I mentioned in question 4, I love English History.

12. Favorite mythical creature?

No favorite here.

13. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?


I do, and I'll just leave it at that.

14. What is your favorite word?

Well, I've never thought about it . . . How about, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"

15. Do you have any obsessions right now?
None I can think of . . . maybe I should ask Mr D.
On second thought, maybe not !

16. Do you play any instruments?

I play piano as long as the sheet music is very simple.

17. What’s your worst habit?

Procrastination, I don't know if I'll ever overcome it. Why do today what you can do tomorrow. {{sigh}}

18. Do you have a collection of anything?

I have several small collections of various things. When we downsized some years ago a lot of things went to my girls and goodwill.


19. What’s your biggest ‘what if’?


No 'what ifs'...only what was, what is and what will be.

20. What is your favourite fairy tale?



I think it would be The Ugly Duckling.  He may have been an ugly duck but he grew into a beautiful swan because he wasn't a duck afterall.

21. Have you ever dyed your hair? Is there a color you’d like to dye it?

I've had it hi-lighted...now I don't have to do that because I have natural hi-lights, many natural hi-lights! Back in the day it was called 'frosted.'   I would love to put a pink streak on a small section of my hair....yes I would.  I guess that sounds a little crazy, but you asked!!

22. If you could learn one language overnight, which would you choose?

Because I live in Texas, it would be great to know Spanish.  We have so many Spanish speaking citizens.


23. What’s the most useless thing you know how to do?
Sitting in this chair and playing on this laptop! 


24. What’s the most important change that should be made to your country’s education system?

I would love to see
🙏prayer🙏 back in school. I think that would open the door to many good things.


I always enjoy question and answer games . . . 


Until Next Time

Satan hinders prayer, but prayer also hinders Satan.


6 comments:

  1. You know, I am sure that Father Tim is real!
    Pollyanna is a favourite of mine. I grew up with the stories and still have my original copies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers today, Mary, and we had a few answers that are quite similar! Like supercalifragilisticexpealidocious! Happy SONday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the questions and your answers. Hope your day has been a good one and you have been blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an older woman the other day with the most loveliest pink hair...I say go for it, smiles.😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing story your GG-Grandfather had to tell!!

    Like you I'd LOVE to be able to sing. Especially at Christmas I'd like so much to sing the beloved carols with others ( not just to myself).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!