Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday Medley

Wednesday and time to join Terri for





NATIONAL PIE DAY – January 23

NATIONAL PIE DAY


National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI π Day.) 
National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie.  It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies.  Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!
The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.

1.  Okay, fess up.  Tell us your top three favorite pies, please.  Will you have some pie today?
Mincemeat ~ Apple ~ Pecan
Very doubtful I'll have a piece of pie today.
Unless we go to Luby's for lunch!
2.  While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food?  What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
I'm not a picky eater, when I was a child you ate what was prepared or you went to bed hungry.  You learn to like what is served very quickly.  The worst thing I've ever eaten is black olives, yukky!  Funny thing about that, all my kids love them!
3.  Baking could be considered an art as could cooking.  How do you define art?
WoW, that's hard for me.  I guess art is almost anything....and...you're either good at it or you're not. My mother was a great artist, a day in her kitchen was wonderful, and she sewed most of my clothes.  I could describe what I wanted and she would sit down to her machine and make it.  
4.  Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.
I like all the knock knock jokes!
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Orange
Orange who?
Oranged you glad I didn't say banana.
bahaha  I know it's really stupid.
5.  January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?

My handwriting is okay, as I young person I would practice for hours.  I guess it helped, although I've seen many much better than mine.
6.  Tell us something random about your week.
I've been trying to get the dogbabies to the vet for over a week and have already rescheduled their appointment once.  Now I find myself rescheduling again for next week.  We've been trying to help a family member with some issues and it's taking longer that we thought.  Hopefully all will be good before the end of this week.
High for today is 48* with some sleet.  When Mr D went to the mail box this morning he was pelted with tiny ice pellets.

 It's okay summer will return by the end of the week.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Canoe

Canoe who?

Canoe come out and play with me?

bahahaha….stupid, stupid, stupid


Until Next Time

To walk with God, we must talk with God.



11 comments:

  1. My grands love knock knock jokes. I will have to share these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one and only grandson loves knock knock jokes! LOL! Hope you are having a good day Miss Mary. Be careful in that sleet! WOW! We are suppose to get some heavy rain beginning about midnight. Our place is just now drying up from last big rain. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answers; mincemeat is one of my favorite pies too. my handwriting 'used' to be good but as I have gotten older, not so good any more. Love knock knock jokes! Stay warm and safe in the bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love Luby's! I'd quite forgotten about them. (I lived in Abilene for nearly 20 years.) Having tried - and failed - to find any cute kitchen café curtains, only last night I was bemoaning the fact I can't call up my mom and ask her to sew me some. Ah, those things I took for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny. Love your knock knock jokes. I forgot about those. I could've made up one..LOL. Hope you are safe and warm inside with all the sleet, etc. It is warm here today, but change is coming this weekend. Have a blessed and happy pie day. I wish I had some...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! It's already past 1 o"clock and I must make a pie if today is pie day!!!
    Let's see, I have only got canned cherry pie filling so that's what it will have to be. Thanks for announcing it. ( My DH will also want to thanks you because cherry pie is his favourite.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "To walk with God, we must talk with God."

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That knock knock joke is a favorite of the kids at the school! They tell you over and over. hahahahaha.
    I hope you can get to the vet soon and everything gets all worked out soon. I enjoyed your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. We spent last weekend with the grandkids and party of that time was spent on the grand exchange of knock knock jokes! They love em! I laughed at your aversion to black olives. We are a great olive family. Any and all olives! Once I put extra black olives in a salad because I was trying to share something I love with a friend. Later I found out she, like you, hated black olives. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olives are pretty high on my yuck meter, too! Loved the knock-knock jokes, those always make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knock Knocks are stupid and always make me laugh! Thanks for joining in on the Medley today! I enjoyed your answers! I'm surprised at how many folks like mincemeat pie! Who knew!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!