Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Now that the holidays are over and things are getting back into a 'normal' routine I have found myself remembering how wonderful the past weeks have been.


Eventho the days between Christmas and New Year's were quiet we were still making precious memories.....

We went to lunch with my daughter Tracey, her hubby Scott, my granddaughter Tara and her hubby James.  It was a great time, because they were still off for the holiday no one was in a rush to leave.  We lingered over a good meal and enjoyed being together.

The next morning my youngest daughter Peggy and her hubby Hank came by for a short visit.  So nice when they drop by for an unplanned visit.

My daughter Tammy works just blocks from our home and it is not unusual for her to drop by for a short visit after work. 

I keep lots of pictures around my home, I love looking at them as I pass by.  This is just one of several tabletops that hold pictures of my family.

I am so thankful that they all live close by, my children and my grandchildren all live right here in the area where they were raised.  How blessed I am that their lives didn't take them to far away places.


I am thankful for precious memories, I have so many.

Mr D and I had a melancholy moment one day remembering Christmas' past, ones where our children were still at home, a young family with so many good years to come.  He said something so meaningful, it touched my heart...."why do good memories hurt so bad?"  Sometimes you just miss the 'good ol' days!'  In time to come the days we are living now will become 'the good ol' days.'

Until Next Time

Always Keep a Thankful Heart




9 comments:

  1. I understand your husband's feelings. We loved the days when the children were young and always there. But we make the most of today now, and were delighted to see grandson and his new wife at Christmas having travelled from the Lake district to spend a few days in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I understand Mr. D also, sometimes I try not to remember cause I don't want to be sad. I am thankful for family, and mine lives close by too.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your husband, Mary....some are certainly bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious post, Mary. I know that you realize how blessed you are to have your children and grandchildren close by. Our son is 14 hours away from us and our daughter is 5 hours away. Especially now that the grandgirls have reached their teen years we wish we could be closer to share more of their lives. Your husband's saying brought tears to my eyes because I completely understand where he was coming from. Hugs to you, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I totally understand Mr. D's sentiments. But we must continue to look forward and not backwards. If I allow myself to do that, I also become a bit melancholy. We know that God has great things ahead for all of us as we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word...He will direct our steps and bring much joy into our lives. That is my prayer and hope. May you and your family continue to have a blessed and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... that is such sweet sentiment from your dear hubby. What a blessing to have everyone close by. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How true and wonderful it is that you have your family close by. With me it's my sisters, son & DIL and my nieces and their families. But I miss my daughter, grandchildren and great grandchildren as they live in other states. I too have photos all over the apartment. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, my Friend....and from a Momma's heart. I agree with Mr. D about some of my memories, too - they hurt! Love you so much and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. HOPE you and Mr. D can do something fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "why do good memories hurt so bad?"

    Oh! :-( ......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!