Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wednesday's Wisdom

We haven't been getting out much, but today we had had enough!!

We went to Denney's and enjoyed a good breakfast then drove around a little while.  It was nice to be out and about.

After temps in the 80's for most of December, we finally had 2 nights of freezing weather.   I brought in the Hearts of Hawaii so they would survive.

Hearts of Hawaii don't like to be cold.



I'll probably keep them in until spring.


Today's Wisdom
During hard times, it’s easy to wonder why the Lord is taking so long to bring relief. Like the psalmist, we cry to God “out of the depths” for help (Psalm 130:1), but as time drags on, we may be tempted to take matters into our own hands. Believers, however, are not to operate as the world does, determining a course of action based on human reasoning or the example of others. Instead, our guidance is to come from God, and our hope is to be in His Word (Psalm 130:5-6).
Dr. Charles Stanley


I am a few days late getting my 2022 calendar hung.  This year I chose Susan Winget's Heart & Home.


I've had her calendars in the past and they always have pretty pictures.

Nothing on the agenda for this week, we're just taking one day at a time.

Today's Quote
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
Rosalind Russell

Until Next Tme






9 comments:

  1. Oh, I like Rosalind Russell's quote! That is so true! And I also love Susan Winget's art and I am sure that will be a pretty calendar. Be sure to share some pictures with us each month! I am glad you rescued your pretty Heart of Hawaii flowers before the freeze got them. I have learned that I can't bring any potted plants back inside after being outside, because the little lizards love to hid in them and then they get into the house! So, consequently I don't have a lot of potted plants that I am concerned about them getting frostbitten. If they do, they do, and next year I will get new ones. Or I do cover them up outside if we have a freeze warning. Charles Stanley's words of wisdom are also excellent words for living today. He's always got something good to say, from the Lord! Glad you got out and enjoyed a nice time at Denny's, etc. I know the feeling...sometimes you just gotta get out! Have a blessed and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, we have those little lizards too, I didn't even check to see if one came in on the plant. Sure hope one don't hop on me when I'm not expecting it, I think I would scream. lol

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing that quote by Rosalind Russell. I haven't worn makeup in years because I developed an allergy to every one that I tried. I never wore a lot anyway and Dennis prefers no makeup. He always said he never wanted to taste makeup when he kissed me! I love him!
    That calender is sure a pretty one. Would you share the photos with us? I've always had a Thomas Kincaide calender but this house doesn't have a wall to put one on. Dennis has a farm calender in his office. I guess since that's the industry he's in, it makes sense.
    I'm glad you were able to get out a little. We haven't been out to eat in SO long. We try to be careful where we go so we minimize Mom's exposure.
    I'm glad you were able to get those beautiful plants inside before they froze. Our windchill this morning was -23F but the sun is out and it's warmed up to -5!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of wall space either, so my calendar hangs on the side of the fridge with a magnetic hook. It works really well. Sure is cold where you are, brrrrr. Stay warm.

      Delete
  3. "Instead, our guidance is to come from God, and our hope is to be in His Word (Psalm 130:5-6)."

    SO much wisdom in this!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's Wisdom - excellent! Your flower is gorgeous and I hope it lasts into the Spring, as you desire! Mary, I always enjoy my visits here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your calendar cover's precious! Doesn't Denny's serve up the BEST breakfasts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that having a pretty calendar is important. After all we'll be looking at it for an entire year.
    We felt like getting out of the house today but our trip was to the thrift store. I'm just not much of a restaurant person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does feel so good to get out, doesn't it! I have had Susan Winget calendars most years, this year I switched it up.

    Waiting on God is one of the hardest lessons I struggle with. Thanks for sharing that message.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!