Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tuesday 4

 Another Tuesday 4 hosted by Annie!

If you would like to join in, click HERE.

Saint Patrick

It's time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

Since Saint Patrick's Day is March 17 it might be nice to talk about it.

1. Do you celebrate the day and is it more secular or religious for you?

It's not a religious day for me, it's a fun day.  Because I'm mostly Irish it's fun to put up some decorations and definately wear green on that special day.  If you don't wear green you might get pinched!

2. Americans eat corned beef and cabbage but it's not traditional in Ireland at all.   In my  house its Colcannon and Beef Stew or Cottage pie (shepherds pie made with beef instead of lamb).. which is more realistic and far less salty.  Do you make special meals for holidays?  What will you make for St. Patrick's Day?

I used to make cabbage and sausage; I don't make anything special these days.

3.  Do you have much green in your wardrobe? Does the color look good on you?

No I don't, I don't even know why, it just happened.  I do have two new tops ordered that are green.  I didn't order them for St Patrick's Day, I ordered them because I like the print.  Do I look good in green; I don't know. 😊

4. In school we put up giant green shamrocks and Leprechauns. We made green paper chains to decorate our classrooms.  What do you do to decorate?

I always have decor of some kind around the house.  I'm into the tiered trays now, so this year I have a three-tier dressed in St Pat's attire,


Until Next Time



15 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I like your tiered shelf! I bought some shredded cabbage, so I might make something with that. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in elementary school kids would pinch you if you didn't wear green. Strange custom! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we always wear green on St. Patrick's day, or else we could get pinched. I remember that from childhood at school. We are not particularly Irish (but do have some Irish blood somewhere), but still we enjoy celebrating the fun aspects of the day. I love your tiered shelf. You always decorate it with so much fun! Have a blessed week, and may there be a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got out my two-tiered tower for St. Paddy's Day this year. Yours is lovely! With a maiden name like Kelly one would think I am mostly Irish. Nope. According to my DNA I am only 2% Irish!! My entire life I thought I was mostly Irish. Go figure. What I am is 52% Scottish. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My maiden name is Killough, very Irish but my genealogy research showed me the Killoughs of Ireland were originally from Scotland, name of MacKelloch, a sept of the clan MacDonald .

      Delete
  5. It's pretty much just another day here...but I like the shelf! Too cute!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm a huge fan of kielbasa and cabbage. Yum yum! I'm there.
    Love the tiered shelf. That would be easy to decorate seasonally without putting my shoulder, back or hip outta joint. *lol* Thanks for the tip.
    When I did my DNA I'm mostly Irish too. Scotch-Irish-English, actually. And I'm related to the British "Greene" family. That's green!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 3 tier decorations. Looks happy and I love happy things. I always just wear my green eyes for St Patricks day. Only 2% of the world has green eyes, but 86% of the Irish/Scottish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tier decor! I don't remember being threatened with a pinch, but I loved singing the traditional Irish songs in grade school glee club. This is the first year I've not decorated for St. Paddy's. not sure why, on account it's my favorite holiday. (My birthday, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember needing to wear green on St. Patrick day or else get pinched. Otherwise it's been like any other day mostly. My Mother-in-law would always cooked corned beef and cabbage. It's not one of my favorite meals but Dennis likes it.
    Your 3 tier stand is always decorated so beautifullyl Great job!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your 3 tier tray...very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. St Patrick's Day is also my youngest granddaughter's birthday. She turns 20....where does the time go?
    I like your tiered tray. I was given one but so far haven't assembled enough things to fill it. GM

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't do anything for St Patricks Day. When we were kids we used to wear green.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shelf! How fun! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!