Sunday, April 28, 2024

 When I was in the hospital I sure missed sitting at my kitchen table!


I came home on a Friday afternoon and Saturday morning I was delighted to have my coffee while sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying the neighborhood from the window.  It felt good to be home.
 

Coffee Trivia:

 You Can Thank Goats for Coffee

Did you know goats were the reason why coffee was invented? According to legend, in the 9th century, Ethiopian farmers noticed the way their goats danced when they ate the Coffea plant. A local monk decided to give it a try and realized the drink kept him up at night and thus, coffee was born.

Here's a story that touched my heart . . . ♥
This elegant lady of 95 walked in to the seder in a beautiful rich blue sweater. When I commented on how lovely it was, she was quick to tell me its story. Helena survived three concentration camps and when the last one was liberated she was flown by the Red Cross to a hospital in Sweden. She was 5'4" and weighed 52 lbs. Her roommate in the hospital, a fellow survivor, knit the sweater for her while they were there. It was 1945. She told me she has worn that sweater every Passover since then.

A PAGE from my journal . . .


Grace is the overflowing favor of God, and you can always count on it being available to draw upon as needed. Oswald Chambers God's hand never slips. He never makes a mistake. His every move is for our own good and for our ultimate good. Billy Graham

Until Next Time







7 comments:

  1. Your breakfast table looks so warm and welcoming. I can see why you missed it! Survivors' stories never fail to touch my heart, and this one is wonderful. Wow.

    Who'd have guessed the origin of coffee ... not me! I need to find a goat and hug it's neck big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming home after a stay in hospital is so special. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine it truly did feel good to be back home again, in your own bed and chair and at your own table, drinking your own coffee from your own cup! Things we tend to take for granted until we are separated from them for a while. These quotes and stories were really good. The one about the coffee/goats was funny. So glad you are doing so much better! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home is always the best place to heal!! I saw that sweater story on FB and it touched me, too. Every time I see a goat I will utter a thank you!! LOL Have a beautiful day, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Helena's story. It touched my heart. Helena was also my sweet MIL's name.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!